Impossible To Fill Crafting Orders The Failure of the System

That may be so but any interaction I’ve had are just blank pages.

You need to select a category on the left. Just like with the Auction House.

If you want leather boots for example you have to click “Armor” and then “Leather” and then “Boots”. Then press search.

1 Like

Ah okay thanks. I will have a look around.

Whenever my tailor opens the crafting order window, I assume I’m using it wrong/don’t know what I’m looking at, because I never see anything there.

he wasnt always making them tier 5 but made it a point that as soon as he started hitting that to recraft all his previous orders for free to tier 5.

To what end? Again, you can’t just go click a few times and concluded there’s no orders coming in. An actual session for someone that’s serious about crafting is going to last an hour or two.

You also have to keep an eye on trade for people looking for recrafts ect. It requires that you are really specialized. Also, it should be common knowledge but it’s most busy around reset.

You keep saying you arent max level. Most recipes don’t require max level especially stuff that’s baked into specializations.

I maxed leatherworking in a couple weeks after I figured the system out. Again, if you’re going the public order route you have to camp the station. I suggest deep specing and use trade. There’s nothing wrong with the system you just need to watch or read a guide or something.

:dracthyr_shrug:

It did work. Blizzard patched it out.

Again the best advice I can give you all is to just be patient and keep a steady eye on the Work Order board if you are that desperate. Make sure to keep a close eye if it is a spark week.

There are only a few use-cases where those last 30 points are a big deal. Either because you are just shy of a cut-off or you desperately need to unlock that third or fourth spec because you believe you messed up royally with your first two choices.

Also remember that you can send yourself personal orders from your alts (if you happen to make something they can use too). So send to yourself for the initial skill up, then let an experienced crafter recraft it for the R5.

Unfortunately there is and it’s been highlighted several times in this thread. There are deep problems with the professions, how you reach 100 and the order system.

Nope. It has been explained to you several times.

You do not need 100 in your profession. None of the professions require anymore than 2 trees to be optimal except maybe enchanting which you want the third tree for tightening margins.

So 75 is more than enough for 1 botched choice.

Even with 80 profession skill on one of my toons and a max warglaive spec. I can already guarantee R4 with the extra profession skill from the rare profession tools and a maxed inspiration node means I can proc R5. The only way for me to “need 100” would be a scenario where I went armorsmith, changed my mind, swapped to weaponsmith, then picked up specialty smithing instead of hammer control.

You just want an easy out. You don’t want to spend the money for the rare recipes on the AH that tend to stay on work orders/trade spam for longer. Nor do you want to farm the renown for the rare recipes that do the same.

In my example, if I went max warglaive/longsword. If I don’t bark in trade, don’t branch out with rare recipes from AH/renown, and don’t monitor the crafting orders … then yeah you aren’t going to go anywhere. You are limiting yourself to 2 items you can craft and then also not doing anything about it. By choice.

Again walk us through your profession talent build and we can help you get out of this rut you seem to believe you are in.

Yeah there aren’t any. And for the ones and twos that you see it’s never for what you actually have

So…Blizz did actually comment on the Public COs.
Bottom line: Public Crafting Orders were never intended to be anything more than an AH substitute for basic stuff.

The whole point of the CO system was Guild and Private.

Which, unless you min/max’d from the get-go, means most of us aren’t going to be engaging in any meaningful fashion with this particular pillar of the expansion.

I swear they should just go ahead and RuneScape it and make most things BoE. I don’t care if it makes things pay to win.

Edit* I’m aware RuneScape doesn’t have “BoE” either, things don’t “bind” at all.

Then almost everything should be BoE. There shouldn’t be so many soulbound items forcing you into Crafting orders for basics stuff. These gems, professional equipment especially. Epic items should all be BoE so we can list them on the AH.

Then you also should reach max level crafting basic stuff without needing the system.

1 Like

The system falls apart w/o the BoP and re-crafting through COs.

Which makes the day one exploiting even more egregious…

Any fix or adjustment to the status quo at this point will cheese off a chunk of very vocal people in the RWF/M+ camp too…

Completely scuffed it…and when the do fix it for late starters (and they will have to do it)…because if they don’t, then this is another BfA AP situation that’s going to put a kink into their roadmap to have to figure out how to unhork enough to limp along.

Just yikes.

I’m still stuck and can’t get to the needed 100 JC. Not only that I can no longer use Knowledge until I reach 100 JC. So now I’m completely stuck. Not being able to reach 100 and not being able to use Knowledge till I do.

Please dear devs fix professions so they don’t have you completely trapped without viable ways of progression. It feels so bad no wonder why people are leaving.

Enchanting here. 68/100

Can’t skill up without weapon enchants. I did they them thankfully but my issues is the stupid mat requirements lol