I'm unsure if I want to leave my old mage retired and start a new one or not

Hello all, im having a blast in shadowlands. i leveled up a rogue and hated it but doing demon hunter has been a blast. im at 180ilev and actually managed to tank some heroics.

Anyway, i decided my alt is going to be a mage like old times and focus more on pvp than deal with long q times.

I think it’d be hard to pick up where i left off as I quit my old mage around season 9 and well i tend to make female chrs now as they hot lol. I barely remember playing the mage but idk its hard to really take that gear off him now. Going with the chr now i’d have to Axe herb and alc to go enchanting/tailoring to deal with the legendry price gouging. IDK i just am debating on leaving the chr retired as i would be able to save about 3 hours leveling and i have a lot of good wrath factions maxed. Its also hard to level up another BE as that and maybe undead are the only hoard races i think look cool lol :slight_smile:

First, you can now change your character’s gender at the barber shop. (It’s at the middle top of the screen like at the character creation screen.) So, the only thing you are stuck with for a character without a paid service is race and name.

Of course, on the other hand, it’s really not that big of a deal to level now, and there’s not much from the Wrath era a character would have that you’ll really miss on a new character. So, if you want to preserve you current mage as a bit of a museum piece reminder of your old experiences, roll up a new one. In the lifespan of a character, a few hours is really nothing.

Sex changes are now free at the barber. No need to roll a new character

Due to some new changes in leveling and stat squishes, you’re not really missing anything. Simply go to chromie, pick where you wanna level up, and go at it. Reach 50 and do Shadowlands as normal.

Don’t worry about professions they’re divided by expac anyways. If you want to change them you’ll start from scratch in Shadowlands either way. If you have stuff since wrath it’d recommend you keep your character. I don’t see anything that you gain with a new character unless you want to race and name change.

Herb/Alc would be handy if you plan on raiding.

Frost is a weak spec this xpac. Fire is preferred for raid groups.

For the difference of a few hours, I would roll a new fire mage tailor and keep the current Frost mage for farming mats for pots if I planned on end game raiding.

Thanks i forgot about the gender swap. Then again doing that is more or less resetting a thing of the past. I’ll keep that in mind

1 Like