I'm tired of Blizzard doing to WoW what Disney did to Star Wars

It’s one of the worst feelings in the world when a wonderful franchise gets passed on to writers who have no idea how to capture the magic of the setting and instead infuse it with campy, fan-fic nonsense, real world messaging, all while demonstrating a complete lack of comprehension about how to properly continue the stories of existing characters and simultaneously making the whole setting feel more ridiculous, unbelievable, and silly.

Then the companies who hired these writers pretend they have no idea why people suddenly aren’t interested anymore.

EDIT: Some people brought up Rogue one.

That’s a good point, Rogue One was a diamond in the rough. Sort’ve like Legion. But still unfortunately sandwiched between a lot of… well I can’t say the word I want to say on here, so I’ll just say garbage.

128 Likes

Rogue One was legit at least.

But yeah the writers for the WC universe are getting worse and worse. i almost wonder if it’s on purpose sometimes.

44 Likes

It’s like the people who make these threads only started playing a year ago. Or maybe they were 10 when they started playing and didn’t realize it was always campy, ridiculous, unbelievable, and silly.

20 Likes

Disney made star wars something again. It was nothing. Then suddenly there was new SW.

The fact that SW has always been aimed at kids, and we are no longer kids, does not make it any less SW.

14 Likes

I still watch the Vader scene on YouTube sometimes. You know the one.

10 Likes

or they understand that schlock can still be entertaining, but what we have currently isn’t entertaining schlock.

25 Likes

We’re going to pretend that Wrath of the Lich King was any less ridiculous?

3 Likes

I get that the current setting isn’t that compelling to some people. I could take it or leave it myself, but I think the level of schlockiness has more or less been relatively consistent over the years.

2 Likes

Doesn’t sound like you ever saw Rogue One, The Mandalorian, Book of Boba Fett and even Solo. Those were all great imo. I will say the final 3 episodes were extremely horrible and wish they had Favreau involved in those instead of Abrams and Rian. But if Disney didn’t buy it then we wouldn’t have had the great movies/shows they have made (excluding the 3 episodes of the trilogy) along with Obi-Wan coming soon which I am willing to bet will rock.

Lucas would never have done those and likely would be done anyways.

7 Likes

I wouldnt say horrible but i totally agree about Favreau.

5 Likes

Well, in fairness, Star Wars was pretty decimated by George Lucas before selling it.

8 Likes

New System

Safespace

New Class
Snowflake

:laughing:

11 Likes

I love these statements because people forget how hated the prequels were.

13 Likes

It’s called transition writing to move audiences from something old to something new (when it’s ready that is)

1 Like

. . . I don’t understand, a lot of folks loved the sequels myself included, I see nothing ruined here. Last thing we need around these parts is more fandom menace toxicness.

For the record you are allowed to hate them if you want just like I am allowed to like them, but to say Star Wars is “ruined” is just not correct . . . unless your one of those folks who wants Star Wars to be all grim dark and such in which case Star Wars was never like that maybes you’d enjoy warhammer 40k more.

7 Likes

Actually they go so far as to pretend it’s the customers fault.

8 Likes

this is something I think so many people just … forget

9 Likes

They were good because there were no female heroes or black stormtroopers, you know that real world messaging. Star Wars was always pretty campy and fan-fic writing, but it was enjoyable.

3 Likes

1 - princess leia
2 - how do you know?

8 Likes

I’ve never been that into Star Wars, honestly. My dad is really into it and I got into it to enjoy it with him, but I could take it or leave it too. I love the lightsaber fights, but there was never enough of that.

Here’s a cool video, that’s a perfect example of what the series should be more like. It’s a fan-made recreation of the Obi Wan and Darth Vader fight. It’s cooler than it sounds.

4 Likes