I'm struggling to get a group?

I’m pretty new to raiding, was a pvper since Cata. I’ve hit 230 itlev with my casual guild but since the new raid dropped i’ve gotten into 0 pugs for the raid. I’d like to go for my weekly chance at the bow but kinda burning out lookin in the LFG for hours with no results. Am I missing something or are hunters not being taken much?

You’re a dps with no real raid experience, in a literal sea of dps players.

Is your current guild not raiding or?

If not, unless you have an attachment to your current guild, try look for one that has normal difficulty on farm, or perhaps even a guild that’s aiming for Curve.

As for PuGs, try to find one that’s doing weekly runs and get into that one. But in general, it’s like has been said already, there are many players who are looking to get into groups but there are only so many spots to fill…

Yeah my current guild cant even finish normal. I top the dps chart and know all the fights so my deaths a less than one a night unless its a full wipe. Is there any way I can stand out in a lfg page? All my achives are pvp so not to useful :sweat_smile:

Perhaps I need to run as my healer to get the achives? Raiding feels 100x easier that pushing 2100+ cr PvP but even there you gotta link exp or am I over thinking this.

Well, if you don’t want to change guilds, I would keep working on normal with your current guild despite the slow pace. In the mean time, I would also work on getting your M+ rating up. I know that it’s unrelated from your PVP or raiding experience, however some players do look at overall PVE experience and use that to help justify whether to invite someone or not. If you can show you’re capable in say M+ content, I would wager some players would be willing to accept you for raid content assuming that you will perform just fine in that setting as well.

Wish you luck. Would offer an invite for our weekly normal clear but we did that last night. And also Horde lol.

1 Like

pugs wants someone with experience and there are millions of dps joining

You’re going to want to organize your own raids

I’d echo the comments made thus far. If changing guilds is not an option for you, progress with your current guild at an albeit slower pace, gearing them as you go and making subsequent bosses easier. Upgrading your M+ rating will come with higher ilvl gear to help you help your guild even more (consider running M+ with the guild as well if for nothing else but weekly chest). Organising your own raid might help but if you do proceed with your own guild, the lock-outs will conflict.

Good luck!

Thoughts regarding whether you want to continue with your current guild

From a quick look at your guild’s previous boss kills in normal, especially for the earlier bosses, many players were a bit behind gear-wise. I can’t speak for their individual performances as that would require a look at logs and stuff. But in terms of gear, your guild went into SoD, seemingly on the low end. While that in itself wouldn’t necessarily result in the guild not being able to kill bosses on normal, it does slow down the rate of progress.

In addition to several players that, at the time, were behind in their Covenant-progression such as with Renown → Conduits, etc.

Essentially, if you want to continue with your guild and you want your guild to progress faster, then everyone has to do their part in making sure that they’re keeping their character “up-to-date”, that they’re thinking of which traits or items they can use to increase their efficiency. Make sure that everyone knows the mechanics of individual encounters and which tactics the guild have worked out(can work out) to handle said mechanics.

Fair enough.

Quick note(this is not a flame btw, not in any way), from the first logged kills of each boss where you were present, it shows that you were playing BM at the time of the kill, yet your conduits, and your Legendary item were all MM-specific. You were also using a PvP-trinket which has no useful secondary effect for…most raid encounters. By the Guardian kill I see that you had switched to MM and have also changed your lego + trinkets.

While this could be a glitch where the page just shows the wrong spec, if it isn’t, then those are examples of things that could be managed to achieve an even higher level of performance.

On another note, I saw from the first logged kill of Guardian that your guild decided to do it with 3 tanks and 2 healers.

Again, could be some error on the page. But if that’s what was done, is this a common tactic for that boss? I ask because we, in my guild, did not make use of such a setup, neither for normal nor heroic. Nor have any other guild that I’ve seen so far done so.

Stand out? Not so much no.

You can make sure to play the “optimal” spec, with the right traits+items etc. You can run M+ for both weekly upgrades as well as the chance of upgrades from each individual run. If you’re trying for groups where they make it clear that they check logs and stuff(not really something necessary for normal but yeah…), make sure that you play your character at the peak of it’s potential(based on gear ofc).

Do this and you would end up pretty much in the same place as thousands of other players who are looking to get into PuG groups as well.

In short, the PuG-world(and in many cases even the organized guild-world as well) are very much about perception. If you’re not playing what is “optimal” or “meta” then you’re out of luck basically. And even if you do, that’s still not a guarantee.

The only recommendation I have is for you to either stick with your current guild and do what you can to improve yourself as well as help the guild to progress through SoD faster, or, you look for another guild.

1 Like

Thanks all for the advice! I like mythic runs, best i’ve done is a 13 this season but will def try that out.