I'm starting to understand the Shaman plight

I say Blizzard should give Shamans ice fury so its mandatory they use it in their rotation else their dps will tank :smiling_imp:

Yes. And that is only responsible for a tiny portion of our AoE damage.

It’s also important to note that Crash Lightning does not make our Stormstrike, Ice Strike, and Lava Lash hit multiple targets. It gives us a short buff window during which casting Stormstrike, Ice Strike, or Lava Lash procs a small AoE burst of nature damage which is attributed to Crash Lightning in damage logs and meters.

Yes. But maximizing that damage requires manually targeting and strike each Flame Shocked enemy with Lava Lash to apply Lashing Flames, or it’s only dealing half it potential damage.

I’m assuming you meant Legacy of the Frost Witch, because Witch Doctor’s Ancestry is our CDR on Feral Spirits through generating MSW stacks.

Legacy is one of the smallest bonuses to frost damage available to us, topping out at only a 25% buff for 2 talent points in our point-starved capstone tier. This is only 5% more than we get from a single frost Elemental Spirit, and far less than Frost Shock gets from Hailstorm, which is a 15% damage increase per stack, up to a maximum of 10 for a 150% damage increase.

Hailstorm is the greatest driving power behind Frost Shock, followed by Ice Strike’s 100% damage increase. Frost Witch’s 25% is negligible, and rarely run except for the specific purpose of simplifying the rotation by eliminating the need to do the manual Lava Lash thing for Lashing Flames, which is what you normally drop for it.

Just plain false. Elementalist Enhancement has run Primordial Wave all expansion, despite only our S3/4 tier set hooking into it. Primordial Wave is a phenomenal tool in Enhancement’s kit, and has been one of the main enablers of our gameplay loop, providing instant full stacks of Maelstrom Weapon (which also results in an instant ~20% refund on Feral Spirit’s cooldown), a personal Bloodlust (20% Haste, +4% per Lightning Bolt hooked off of it to a maximum of 40% Haste), and a multi-target Lightning Bolt cast at the power of 7 MSW – and that’s all just from our talents, not including any of our tier set bonuses.

Primordial Wave does substantial damage. If you’re looking at logs/meters and wondering what the heck I’m talking about because PWave is always at the bottom, that’s because the damage attributed to PWave in those records is only the small direct damage the spell deals when you cast it. Its real burst damage – the follow-up Lightning Bolt – is attributed to Lightning Bolt in logs.

To see all of this in action, here is my log from Primal Council a few weeks ago: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/KNp7ALbjhxnfDRy8#fight=28&type=damage-done&source=3

Notice:

• Lightning Bolt is my top damage ability, dealing about 150% more damage than Chain Lightning, and nearly 300% more than Elemental Blast, despite Chain Lightning gaining all the same Nature damage increases Lightning Bolt would be, Elemental Blast benefiting from more wolves, and both spells being cast far more times. This is because you’ll also notice that I had the same number of Lightning Bolt casts as I had Primordial Wave casts down at the bottom of the list, meaning every one of those Lightning Bolts was triggering off of it.
  • Frost Shock is my 3rd highest damage source, despite me not running Legacy of the Frost Witch.
  • Crash Lightning has a dropdown filter showing two different records of damage for Crash Lightning. This is because one of those records is for the AoE nature damage proc triggered by Lava Lash, Stormstrike, and Ice Strike, and amounted to a little less than 7% of my total damage over 185 procs.

The complexity of choosing your spenders is not about matching up colors, but about maximizing Elemental Blast cooldowns to line up with Feral Spirit windows, and deciding target priority in AoE between wider damage spread, or higher priority target damage.

We had that color matching game in S2 when Elemental Blast was outside of point budget in AoE builds, which forced us to juggle Lightning Bolt and Lava Burst on M+ bosses. It was not fun, but annoying, not least of all because Blizzard’s UI does bump all to show us which elemental wolves we have out without hunting for the wolves themselves in the chaos of melee, or trying to pick their icons out of our bloated buff window.

I miss when i could have a very simple yet effective, if not optimal build for enhancement last expansion. It’s got too much going on for me to enjoy it anymore, i look at all the buttons and feel lost as to what i’m actually supposed to be pressing from moment to moment. I prefer a rotation of fewer more deliberate buttons.

Hoping the changes coming to shaman involve providing this option once again.

Fingers crossed for next week.

Wondering if we see a major re-work tbh. Especially for Enhance, which of the 3 specs, is the best positioned (And has been through DF). I am doubting a major rework. Guessing we see some nodes go from 2pt to 1pt and maybe some shuffling of positioning/pathing, but not getting my hopes up beyond that.

Maybe I’m wrong.

Either way…We have incredible themes / lore, but have been left in old WoW in terms of gameplay. I don’t think it will take much (i.e. we don’t need some crazy spec rework), but hopefully we get a few adjustments to make the specs more engaging and fluid in ST → AoE → ST shifts in M+ and for the love of god…some sort of class wide unique buff/cd in Raid (Skyfury/SLT/WF).

Delete Warriors

I still think getting rid of Elemental Blast and giving us Lava Burst and Ice Fury (instead of Frost Shock imo) as Enhance would spice up the rotation a little better. There’s nothing else to really press for our Maelstrom Stacks offensively, otherwise.

Elemental Blast, Lightning Bolt, and Chain Lightning… Wooo~ Getting that elemental class feel. /sarcasm.

Wish feral would get some positive attention, but instead we get gutted.

also please no. I love ele blast as enhance

which is great - assuming the changes are good - but it does worry me that these “big changes” are happening so close to launch, it leaves little time for proper testing, balancing, and bug fixing.

pretty much every other class got gradual changes throughout the beta.

I dont really think adding more spenders would be very interesting. It would just be: check wolf buff>match spender to majority of wolves. Currently the loop, in low target count, is more interesting as youre trying to get max MW on 2 ele blasts and a Pwave lightning bolt.

Wait, what?

Feral Spirits > Primordial Wave > Lightning Bolt > Spam Ele Blast.

Man, that is super interesting. It’s just so Zzzzzzzzz…

Thats… thats not the rotation :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

The MW casts its basically cast Elemental Blast or Lightning Bolt. It’s not interesting or engaging. You act like stacking MW is hard, lol.

I dont see how cutting out ele blast for 2 essentialy identical buttons whos only conditional is the wolf buff is any more interesting. Ur basically just taking ele blast and splitting it into 2 abilities. As outside of wolves one of the spenders is always going to be preferred anyway. And we rarely press ele blast outside of wolves.

Because it makes using your wolves more proactive than simply throwing them out and forgetting them. Elemental Blast is just the laziest patch-all that you have to take because it covers all elemental buffs and gives you additional buffs.

That’s why you have talents to prioritize the two, like Hailstorm. Very simple concept. You could even have Lava Burst consume the Flame Shock DoT on the target and do its full damage immediately.

Instead of ‘Oh, Elemental Blast is almost capping on charges’.

Your loss…

You have a link? Im not seeing it

It’s really not. A properly itemized Enhancement shaman in current content is casting Feral Spirits about every 25 seconds or faster, meaning we have about 60+% uptime on them, not counting the extra wolf we get from our tier bonus. Casting Elemental Blast during that 40-% downtime is wasting a charge that we should be banking for our next Feral Spirit window.

You are speaking with authority you do not have.

You are speaking with the notion everyone has BiS. Point? Not all of us want to be sentient calculators.

This is his main postings. 3 posts in a row.

1 Like

Appreciate it

1 Like

So many posts it’s already been kinda buried