I'm Sorry but BM is BAD! and we're not buffing it?

Hey,

To be honest I’ve had enough. BM is last on every DPS sim insight and Blizzard in their infinite wisdom (again) sees something the players do not.

I’m sorry class designers, BM damage is absolutely terrible and needs a 20% buff. Thats the simple fix.

HARDER FIX
Buff KC by 25%
Buff Cobra Shot by 5%
Rework beast cleave (auto attacks cleave at 100% auto-attack damage – instead of 75%)
Buff mastery by 10%

Something like this would help immensely, what do you guys think? Buffing underperforming legos is not enough, we need actually spec-changing things to happen, and I haven’t even talked about the terrible talent tree yet.
Give me strength, lol.

17 Likes

BM is ducking terrible right now, you have to over play the class to even to come come close to other classes.

4 Likes

Bush’s Big BM and Pet Revamp

2 Likes

LOL, yeah I see that.

1 Like

Single target I can usually keep up with the others in our raid. Maybe top three or five. Cleave… not so much. If I get lucky and can keep 3 x barbed shot buffs up most of the fight I might be close to the top. Where I think this class sucks most is during burst, like sludgefist. We really dont have any. Its slow and steady, the whole fight through.

2 Likes

BM’s biggest problems atm are the lack of strong burst in ST scenarios, decent to good cleaving-capabilities, sustained as well as burst-focused AoE. That along with how we lack good choices to adapt to specific encounters. We ofc have choices, just that very few of them are worth considering(talents to mention one thing), and there’s not a whole lot to manage when it comes to specific encounters, with said choices.

Short term?

I doubt we can expect much really, though if they were to increase the damage bonus granted by Bestial Wrath along with a substantial increase to Beast Cleave-damage, that’d be a…start. Pref some other things as well ofc but…yeah.

Long term?

I would look into what can be done to the spec more in-depth. Look into what talents can do for us and what might be lacking(due to the issues above).

For specifics, see the link: Beast Mastery - future improvements[Partial rework]

Like what the title hints at, there’s too much in there to be considered for a mid-expansion patch, but the focus would be more towards what BM should get for 10.0.

• Better ST burst
  • Better cleave-potential
  • Better AoE-throughput(sustained(stacked))
  • Better burst-potential for AoE(stacked)
  • More viable choices for talent picks
  • (IMO) More interesting choices for talents, more defined and focused on different aspects of the BM gameplay and fantasy.
  • Improvements to survivability and utility in general.
3 Likes

BM isn’t keeping up specifically because of legendaries. Without legendaries, BM and MM do similar DPS. They just need to make the BM legendaries as good as the MM ones and the spec will be middle of the pack.

2 Likes

The old joke was don’t worry, next ________ will fix it. That’s not acceptable anymore, especially since they barely touched hunter since BFA beta.

They can start with our talents, since they are mostly passive and don’t affect gameplay. They can do this now. They should do this now. Tired of waiting years for them to fix the game. The only reason I had any hope for Shadowlands was because Legion was a mostly good recovery from the abandoned WoD. If Shadowlands is already a write-off then we should pack it in now. Not waiting another year and a half for fixes they seem to have no intention of making. You put more effort into your rework than Blizzard has done in the past few years, as did I below.

My infographic of what needs to happen.

2 Likes

Well, it’s true that they haven’t done that much to fix the issues we see with the class, incl glitches/bugs both with core mechanics as well as talents etc. Nor have they bothered to work on making our talents very impactful and making them feel like intriguing choices to make in terms of playstyles/gameplay.

Having said that, I would also say that there’s no point in expecting or hoping for such changes to come in the middle of an expansion. That basically never happens unless they need to rework a spec that barely works when played.

Agreed, but again, I doubt we will see anything close to this mid-expansion. Reworks or large changes to mechanical elements rarely occur outside of alpha/beta phases/pre-patches.

Appreciate that, but sadly, the biggest issue here is that their focus is still leaning so heavily towards the concept of these expansion-themed temporary systems with borrowed powers.

Having some borrowed powers/systems is fine, as long as they’re designed to further the base functions included in Core Specs. As opposed to now where the specs are more or less designed to not work or feel complete without these systems.

The current model, IMO, is based on each expansion providing a set theme where these new and temporary systems are the main focus in terms of gameplay, and our classes are designed to serve as support for those, rather than the opposite.

I know it’s not exactly like this, but with the way things are/have been developed lately, that’s how it feels. Our classes feel like they’re not as important anymore(on a personal level), at least not by intent of design.

1 Like

I agree with that as a statement on how things are, I just don’t want to give Blizzard a pass by saying it like “well, that’s just how they do things”. The way they do things is awful and has been for a long time. (Not saying you were giving them a pass personally.)

There is never an excuse for the type of dps disparities that exist across specs right now. I have never been more disappointed in blizzard, this type of total ineptitude is new but I guess not surprising from the company whose last release was warcraft reforged…

It’s…not ideal, no.

It seems very weird looking at how they went about developing all these half-a## systems for SL, insisting on doing things the way they wanted to, contrary to the opinions of a lot of players who provided mountains of feedback in response to what was presented.

We were told things like “there won’t be such a clearcut choice in terms of what will be the best option” or on another note, how they hyped up these features prior to launch and testing, and then proceeded to spend so much time trying to tune it/them, to the point where it just has to be tanked to a state where there’s no hype left.

Players said multiple times that it wouldn’t turn out that well, and that it wasn’t what they wanted, but the devs kept pushing while simultaneously insisting that it wasn’t going to turn out that way, and now we are exactly where we weren’t supposed to be. And again, this is after the things that were done in late beta.

It could’ve been much worse than it is right now. Could you say that “well, so it didn’t turn out that bad after all”? Sure, but then my question turns into “How could it possibly have been worth all that time working on temporary systems, when the outcome does very little to reflect the initial goals set?”

Do Blizzard know that BM is last on DPS?

https://youtu.be/mfPgF0K1G5g

3 Likes

Nothing drastic sill be done this expansion. It’ll be next expansion that we might see some significant changes. What BM and SV need are reworks and that won’t happen in Shadowlands.

Buff BM hunters, Make them competitive spec.

1 Like

I believe we will see a buff in 9.1. Until then we are unfortunately stuck with what we have.

I’m still playing BM, only because I love the class and actually enjoy the SFE lego.

I’ve also been testing out the Spitting Cobra changes and been enjoying the extended burst window that it gives to BW. That snake can hit like a TRUCK when you pop AotW and spam the hell out of Cobra Shot. If you pull this off inside a Lust window the snake spams those bolts pretty fast too. Got some decent parses off it from the low keys i’ve been running.

Sucks for AoE tho. :frowning:

Kill Command and bad mastery scaling are the outliers in this.

Both the pet’s autos and Kill Command hit like wet noodles. Both are in need of some hefty buffs.

1 Like

Maybe give BM Hunters a 15% damage increase across the board, get rid of SFE legendary and give hunters explosive trap back so it’s only 1 single gcd, and replace SFE with a legendary like perhaps casting cobra shot, kill command has a 35% chance to summon Spitting Cobra and Primal instincts having a 100% chance to summon, and also removing the AoE cap.

For a pure damage class the choice of spec is not even a close one. Atm it’s mm or nothing.