I'm seeing a disturbing amount of inappropriate names

we have way too many “too cool for RP” bros on this server.

hey bros, on this server the illiterates (look it up) are the nerds. that’s you.

5 Likes

I’ve been very curious about how poeple view my character’s name. Is it rp friendly, or is it unacceptable?

You could have done better, but I don’t go out of my way to report people’s names and ‘gatekeep’ unless its apparent they just being intentionally passive aggressive or outright disruptive of RP, just for sake of being a nuisance.

Ex. I ran across a Tauren in Silithus today named ‘Ribeye’ or ‘MooRibeye’.
Obviously if your a Tauren… your name (or nickname) probably isn’t anything having to do with ‘Ribeye’ or ‘Steak’.

I’m sure there are people out there who will make up a convoluted ‘RP explanation’ for why they’re named something obnoxious, but these are the same people who never actually engage in RP.

Looking at Undead players, some of them have the easiest time with unconventional names because many Undead can’t remember their human names…or they do remember them and are extremely alienated from who they were as humans.

1 Like

whats with all the food named horde

what the hell is a sushislayer

3 Likes

Woah now, am I okay?

2 Likes

Not like the concept of a rockstar doesn’t exist in the warcraft universe, with the in universe band Elite Tauren Chieften, and the other one in the darkmoon fair added in the last few years whose name is currently slipping my mind.

rockstar is just a guild of aspiring musicians, seeking adventure to fuel their epic tunes.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure my name passes rp naming policy.

I kinda want people to report my name, cause I just named myself after my original mage without thinking about it. The rest of my characters are RP named though.

1 Like

Got you fam, I’ll make a horde toon to report it.

How does Blizz handle these reports? Do they also look at the reporters name when reporting? What is the timing of this reporting issue?

1 Like

This is my first time reading this forum. I never want to leave this server again :smiley:

3 Likes

I dunno…are you ok?
You never did tell me what Jugaa’s background was.

All I know is that she rarely (if ever) surrenders.

We have to address the naming crisis on Grobbulus before we can begin campaigning for RP backstories, Horde and Alliance MUST unite to fight these people who so callously abuse the naming policy for RP servers.

REPOST if you agree or else we will send your name to the report offices

3 Likes

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm idk… What’s your RP backstory again?

I came here to dominate Azeroth for the Burning Legion. We send raiding parties from our base of operations, Thunderaxe Fortress, Desolace to hunt down the heroes of the Alliance and collect their souls for the Legion.

Do not question our resolve or our purpose.

2 Likes

You’re just jealous you couldn’t think of names like Eystein the Fart, Ragnar Hairy Breeches, Vasili the Crosseyed, Eric II the Priest Hater, Ivan I Moneybags, and the list goes on. Go look these up.

1 Like

Final Boss has begun excluding raiders who cannot share their backstory while raiding in a sub 2 hour MC run

grob is truly blessed!!!

3 Likes

I dunno but there are plenty of names I’ve reported and I’ve definitely seen a few still around. I wonder what they do.

I gave up reporting names because there was like a 25% chance of it insta-disconnecting me in the middle of an inopportune place. Is that still a thing or has it been fixed?

Fixed thankfully! Haven’t had that issue in several weeks now.