I'm seeing a disturbing amount of inappropriate names

I think it’s time for your friendly reminder,

Examples of common unacceptable or disruptive RP names include (but are not limited to):

• Non-medieval or non-fantasy names (For example: Slipnslide, Robotman, Discoinferno)
  • Names that reference well known people, characters, brands, places, or icons (For example: Britneyspears, Austinpowers, Mcdonalds, Georgewashington, Newyork)
  • Names that consist of multiple words (For example: Inyourface, Welovebeef, Howareyou, Sixtyseventy)

Blizzard reserves the right to assign a random name to any character violating our RP naming policy. For more severe or repeat violations, we may apply additional penalties to the account.

I call upon all loyal members of the community to do your part to end this cringey lack of respect towards the server.

36 Likes

This is a real problem and ruins my immersion. Also, using a third party addon to “fix” your name is not acceptable. I have seen too many people pretending like having trp3 override your trash name makes it okay, names need to stand on their own.

16 Likes

Yes, a guy named Benjamin complaining about non fantasy or RP names. You win, good sir.

2 Likes

Yeah, Benjamin isn’t a reasonable name for a Human at all.

24 Likes

You’re talkin a lot of mess for someone in crusading distance, orc.

15 Likes

We have to address the naming crisis on Grobbulus before we can begin campaigning for RP backstories, Horde and Alliance MUST unite to fight these people who so callously abuse the naming policy for RP servers.

11 Likes

As someone with a bad name… I agree with this. Ive been waiting for a name change prompt based on reports and they have never come. When naming my character, I did it with the thought that this is where my guild is going to be playing, not with the fact that it was an RP server. It doesnt seem like blizzard is doing anything to fix this. The only names that seem to be getting changed are generally inappropriate names(Example: Sapnfap).

4 Likes

We have to address the naming crisis on Grobbulus before we can begin campaigning for RP backstories, Horde and Alliance MUST unite to fight these people who so callously abuse the naming policy for RP servers.

REPOST if you agree or else we will send your name to the report offices

8 Likes

You are insane, sir. I’m telling your farmer father Vrixtanian.

3 Likes

A few people from Rockstar complaining about RP names?

Really?

2 Likes

It must be hard to understand caring about a community when you’ve only invested 19 levels into it.

7 Likes

Do not cast a stone without doing some self reflection friend, at this very moment I see names like, “Oldchuck”, “Soulasylum”, “Harveydarvey” online in your very own guild! The corruption is deep within us all, and only a concerted effort will save us. We have to set aside our differences and cleanse this disgusting plague on the server.

4 Likes

I don’t join guilds with a non-RP name and then complain about non-RP names.

I do report non-RP names, don’t care of it’s a guilded member or not. I haven’t gotten around your guild name yet. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

No matter the time, place or fantasy… everyone loves Hashbrowns.

5 Likes

Next time you’re on I’ll send in a report :wink:

1 Like

I report any inappropriate name regardless of guild. I hope everyone does the same

4 Likes

hello elite tauren chieftain?? really??

2 Likes

Continue to Right Click-> Report Name.

I do this for both factions. I notice the Horde have been very slack with name reporting.

Seeing some guild names on both sides that need to go.

1 Like

Definitely agree :wink:

Dang it…

I’ll go change it…