I'm loving the new Torghast

Maybe it’s because I’m a DH and thus a good Torg class, but I am having a blast going for layer 12 5-stars. With the current gear, it makes it challenging yet fun. Sort of reminds me of the mage tower.

What makes it extra challenging is that I have to also save phantasma for mogs that the brokers might have. I need to not only 5 star, but also make sure I have 1k saved up by the time I get to the last broker on floor 7.

1 Like

I think they made huge improvements to torghast too. It also feels like it’s a lot faster to do, which is nice. More in line with visions from BfA.

My main issue though, is that it’s mandatory content. It was the only turnoff for me with visions, and the only turnoff for me with Torghast. I get they need us to beta test it but I really hope they don’t treat their new ideas like this in the future.

iirc, Islands were treated similarly, which is one of the reasons they also turned many players off.

1 Like

I’m happy you like it, but I’ve very quickly become tired of it. As a general piece of content I think it’s mostly pretty good, but it’s not really fun as a thing to do regularly. I just don’t want to do Torghast, but I feel like I’m forced to for Soul Cinders… but I just don’t want to some weeks, so I fall behind, and then it feels bad.

Torghast as optional, flavour content… great! Torghast as required weekly participation? Bad! :frowning:

3 Likes

Promise there is nothing challenging about Torghast as DH above like 230. It’s actually insane how easy it is compared to how difficult it is for similarly or better geared alts I have.

3 Likes

It’s def still challenging if you go in and pull huge packs at a time, you still get 1 shotted at 230 ilvl if you don’t dodge/kick mechanics.

This 100%.

1 Like

So if you overpull and don’t do mechanics it’s still challenging on your DH?

Just to be clear here, most classes/specs aren’t having this easy a time of it. It’s unbalanced and untuned garbage.

1 Like

Said no one ever…

Funny that I found this topic. I was wondering recently if there’s anyone out there who actually likes it. Personally I find it tedious and unfulfilling. Once I collect enough Soul Cinders to upgrade my gear, I’ll happily say goodbye to it - at least until the cycle begins anew with Season 3. :stuck_out_tongue:

It sucks lol im glad they made it worse so it takes up more time so i cant play any alts.

If I were only doing it on my demon hunter, it would be fine. 30 minutes for flawless, fine.

Then shaman, eh. 30 minutes, but now I have to try, I guess.

On my other classes, I prefer ritual humiliation–no exaggeration. I hear warrior and warlock are fun. Maybe that’s the key–reroll.

I also don’t care for this grading system. The empowerment bar is annoying, but at least ignoring it only costs you 50 TK, maximum. Bring back 9.0 Torghast.

1 Like

I think it’s actively unfun. Avoid epic powers, avoid duplicate powers, don’t spend all your phantasma, make sure you find every single vase, don’t save empowered for something hard lest you not have enough uptime, make sure you don’t skip any of the vases, and do it all while enduring bizarre lag spikes that don’t happen anywhere else in the game.

3 Likes

I despise the new Torghast. I’m glad that it’s not just pull everything, no consequences anymore, but I feel like there ought to be some middle ground between that and the ultra-conservative, pull one pack at a time and don’t engage elites without cool downs approach I now need to employ with Feral.

I also hate that a lot of the bonuses I need to make score are out of my control. Rescuer? Better hope there’s someone to rescue. Collector? Better hope there’s 30 powers to be had. Highlander? Better hope you don’t end up with a selection of all duplicate powers. Nevermind that, as Aydenn mentioned, the incentives are often to take the least fun option. No duplicate or epic powers? Why Blizz? Who thought that would be a fun thing to encourage?

And then there’s Torments. Some of these are just ridiculous, and encountering a difficult Torment you haven’t seen before is pretty likely to cost you a 4 or 5 star run.

I didn’t enjoy Torghast before, but new Torghast has been pure torment for me. At least it’s in theme?

2 Likes

Still choreghast to me. I would avoid if I don’t need to worry about the legendary. Like you need to do laundry every week. Don’t enjoy it, but have to.

Maybe they should add other ways to get the soul cinders, eg: pvp, raid, m+, world quest, so that people can choose the content they enjoy instead of forcing people to do choreghast

1 Like

Did a 10 mort at 194 item level with a 138 mainhand and 130 offhand (from BFA S4).

Pretty easy when you get ImmoAura refresh. Nothing challenging about walking left, kicking fears and/or ranging a Ravage.

Torghast can be pretty fun when you actually get the full set of powers that you need to be effective - but 9 times out of 10 in the short runs you end up with a hodge podge of mostly garbage powers and it’s no fun at all. Especially the first 1-2 floors, man they are tedious and stupid.

There needs to be more anima powers early on, and definitely needs to be more control / less RNG in terms of receiving the correct powers.

1 Like

You can get 150 a week from Tormentors of Torghast and the assaults, which is the same as a layer 11 run.

True, that comes back to the legendary crafting part. We still have to do choreghast to craft it sooner (maximize the soul cinder gain). I don’t have problem running it or achieve 5 gems, it is just boring IMO. I wish they just cap it per week and allow different ways to get the soul cinder.