I'm Just Gonna Say it

Beast Mastery should be the melee spec. Dual-wield only. Full on melee. Rexxar mode.
Marksman remains the full-on ranged spec.
Survival gets a soft rework and still remains a melee-ranged hybrid spec, but now simultaneously wields a 2-hander and a bow/gun. Strider/Ranger type of inspiration.

7 Likes

I agree, nerf hunter.

1 Like

No thanks.

7 Likes

This is a terrible idea, a lot of hunters are still mad that they lost one ranged spec to melee and you want to make another spec melee too?

14 Likes

Heck no! If I want to melee I’ll play my DK. I have been BM since Wrath and one of the main things I like about it is the ability to do it’s rotation while moving at range.

Just because Rexxar can rip apart most enemies with his bare hands being the half ogre that he is shouldn’t mean that everyone else that works closely with beasts has to follow in his path.

1 Like

I’m just gonna say I wish you didn’t say it

These convos are getting so old

5 Likes

Rexxar’s weapons are bigger than me! I can’t do that kind of damage with my bare hands…besides, it will ruin my manicure.

No thank you.

1 Like

Oops. Wrong character.

“I don’t care that you broke your elbow.”

4 Likes

Different opinion. Bm should’ve gone melee and sv/mm should’ve remained ranged

Even better opinion.

It is too late to talk aboyt what should’ve or could’ve been

Bring Back WoTLK Survival hunter!

7 Likes

Better yet, make them all range. Not sure why we needed another melee class anyway.

9 Likes

Nope. Nope aaaannnnnddddd NOPE.

I wouldn’t mind playing a melee hunter spec, if it were a true melee hunter spec. The core rotation still revolves around abilities from other specs.

Spam Kill Command and keep serpent sting (A “fired arrow” btw) up, throw in an occasional raptor strike and throw a bomb. Oh and your finisher? An arrow.

Give me more utility! Make my traps matter. Tar Trap + Flare should be baseline for Survival Hunter. Bring back snake trap and make it immune to AoE. Give survival hunter a leech melee ability. Cut this kill command, sting shot BS, kill shot BS.

We had that in legion, sadly blizz chose to instead add ranged elements and dumb down the spec instead of building up from what we had.

Only problem with legion sv was, that moknathal talent made spec a bit clunky (and traps weren’t always working)

I’d say the fact that it suddenly went from ranged to melee was a pretty big issue with legion survival. I still hope we get rsv back as a 4th spec so we can all eat our cake again lol

3 Likes

Man that was so much fun. I miss it still.

This is a good idea. Time to reinvent the boring. Hunters should’ve never been full ranged all bow and let from the beginning it’s just lazy.

I support you man

2 Likes

Beast Mastery should be all beast. You control the beast and the hunter is the pet. Let’s go ALL IN.

1 Like

Bm should be a tank with 2 pets, that will be cool and different.