I'm Getting In-Game Spam Mail

You can report them, but only for spam. And it will reappear in your box the next day, then you can delete it.

If you buy from the wrong place, your account will be the next one banned for RMT gold spamming.

Dont use these services.

Report them or have fun messing with their heads. Those are your two choices.

I still remember when gold sellers would send you 1 bag of flour that was CoD’d to hundreds of gold (when that was a lot back in the day) for those who foolishly just opened their mail without looking at recipients, haha.

As others have said, there’s been effectively “spam mail” since Vanilla. It’s just run sellers instead of gold sellers or fishers.

oh snap!

10 char

Pretty soon we’ll be getting them because our mount warranties are expired.

4 Likes

i’ve been getting them too.

I haven’t gotten any on retail, recently at least, but I get 2-3 a week on my classic characters.

What I can’t figure out is that I’ll hit the report button and the mail will disappear from my mailbox, but then a day or so later it will be back in the box. The only way to keep that from happening is to delete the mail but if I do that the first time then I can’t report it.

I remember getting theses whispers back in Burning Crusade as well. They would always use the old Trading Card in game items as the “prize” if you “clicked” the link.

Fun bit of history: They added the little Blizzard Logo to their official whispers to help combat fake “Blizzard” whispers from account thieves.

some people dont enjoy raids/dungeons because of the atmosphere created by uber leet players. THAT is why the industry exists.
Has nothing to do with being lazy.

2 Likes

the industry exists, because some people are just cheaters.

if they don’t enjoy a certain aspect of the game, they don’t have to participate in it.

legit players are the victims who have to put up with various sorts of spam, advertising, and botters, as a result of the actions of these cheaters… and you want to pretend that all of this is the fault of the big meanie-heads who expect people to know fights and pull their weight in a raid?

PUH-LEASE!!

:roll_eyes:

I just delete them.

Out of all my alts, only 1 gets the mail spam. At least 3 a day.

Huh? Some other player did something and you complain to Blizz? I can’t wrap my head around that. Do you think we are all children, and Blizz is our parent? You post sounds like “Daddy, Bobby pinched me!”.

I reported the same two guys for over a week and every day new mail. I finally put them on ignore and that solved the problem. Blizz has fired a lot of people. It’s a shell of what it used to be.

If Blizzard doesn’t address this its proof to me they condone it because they actually sell gold tokens in the store for real currency to boost players.

They made the game have poor drop rates and long grinds so that they could create not only a side business selling boosts and gear but also making huge profits which drive their stock price up and up

I can’t understand why Blizzard doesn’t count the number of “Reports” and when above a threshold, ban the account automatically. An extremely small number of legitimate accounts might get banned, but they can be manually restored.

I also don’t understand why the mail disappears when I “Report” it, but it comes back the next day? I want a “Report and Ignore” option if I can’t get my first option implemented.

Lastly, why does it take weeks to manually ban these gold spammer accounts?

1 Like

I got one a week or so ago. It took 1 second to delete it.

1 Like

The report thing doesn’t delete the message, it puts the mailer on ignore. Which expires and the message reappears.

1 Like