I'm a returned player,needed help to progress in Shadowlands

Hi all,

I played on Legion previously and recently just renewed my subscription, but can’t post in general discussion (i read some people waited 7-8 days after renewal before they can start posting in general forums).

anyway, I have boosted on my hunter and started at level 50, now at 56, but im stuck with ilevel gears it wouldn’t let me queue for dungeons until i get at least ilvl 100 (im at 94 now)… im curious why I couldn’t queue for lower level dungeons…

also, I remember artifact weapons were the best and only option back in legion… now in shadowlands should I be getting the artifact weapon? if yes, should i level them with relics and how can I get them? I also read about heirlooms which I have no idea what that is… or should I start grinding for gears the normal way after hitting level 60… some pointers and directions on how to progress my toon post level 60 would definitely help…appreciate all your advises… tyvm!

The campaign removes dungeons as you level up. On your alt you’ll be able to do “thread of fates” which will not remove those dungeons. I’m not sure why that was done since they have scaling as a concept already, and imo they messed up the initial leveling experience this expac.

Shaowlands no artifacts, and legion’s weapons won’t be relevant in shadowlands. They’ll be phased out rather quickly.

Heirlooms is gear that scales as you level up, but up to 50 ( with the upgrades) its no longer relevant. Check the guide here how to buy or acquire them: https://www.wowhead.com/heirloom-guide

There’s different ways, and one of them is buying from the guild vendor.

Don’t worry about either heirlooms or artifact. Grind the gear normally.

At level 60 you should pick your covenant, and then focus on doing the covenant campaign, which will introduce you to torghast. Torghast is a roguelike gameplay they added where you gain soul ash to make powerful legendaries. You can also pvp to get starter gear (covenant campaign + pvp gear is fastest source of gear). From there you can decide if you want to pursue pvp m+ or raiding.

Logging off of and then back into the forums a time or two will refresh your forum permissions.