iLvl scaling for BGs?

Just a quick question. I was wondering if there is any Ilvl scaling for players entering battlegrounds undergeared. I recently pre-ordered DF (I know, bring on the flame) and got the boost just to knock out one of the 3 classes that I hadn’t maxed out. Druid won out as they were unfun to level but interesting, priest has been a fun grind and monk… Monk is just stinky. Anyway, I was curious if the game offered any scaling. Reading a few patch notes I vaguely remember there being a plug about Ilvl scaling people coming into what I believe was Solo Shuffle but I’m not too sure.

As a primary battleground and arena player, I was wondering if I could just drop my new druid into the experience without too much suffering for the team I’m placed with. I haven’t seen a 20k health this season and while it could be a coincidence I didn’t want to drop into a match just to penalize a team who didn’t deserve it.

currently no. if you browse these forums youll notice an extremely shocking large amount of gear related complaints.

sadly these complaints have been going on this entire xpac.

to answer your question: yes, but not at level 60 and not scaling. how do you feel about a template instead of gear?

There is nothing at all to make your experience better at level 60 in random battlegrounds. Solo shuffle got it’s ilvl scaled up a bit but not the rest of the game

Likely because most people have access to 226 anima gear/conquest boxes/crafted blues on the ah, but fresh 21k hp 60s do exist and definitely queue without even bothering to be less of a hinderance

Yup. Had a WSG the other day where the Horde’s FC was a druid with 21k health. One ranged attack from this melee dps player and he was gone.

PVP in general feels pretty good right now if you’re playing a seasoned main. But new guys and alts without main backup are screwed if they drop in fresh off the boat.

So I am a staunch supporter of templates and I was absolutely shredded to pieces by people who wanted gear to matter,

this is the end result

3 Likes

Just want to add most of the anti template people who rallied for gear mattering are likely no longer playing.

The irony. They ruin the game for players who would be playing right now via templates, and the pro gear matter people have quit themselves

2 Likes

They tried templates before and it was horrible for some classes due to that stats they gave. I understand the outcry people have due to time, RL stuff, Alts etc, but at the end of the day alot of people including myself still like some form of gear progression. I do agree this current rank up gear system is trash, but atleast next expansion we’ll only have honor sets, and conquest sets with no upgrades. If they keep their word… Back to the good ol cata-WoD days

Legion had steady amounts of participation the whole way through. You didnt have to take a ritualistic beating for weeks until you stood half of a chance.

This gear mattering mantra is absolute trash

1 Like

WoD had it right with pvp specific scaling. That expansion was the peak of pvp gearing systems. The Legion templates kinda made gearing irrelevant. That is where things started to go downhill and never really recovered.

1 Like

I have 3 in this bg right now

The only correct PvP format is zero rated for gear.

1 honor set
1 conquest set

Rated for cosmetic purposes.

I’m not sure why this is so difficult to implement.

1 Like

This is DF PvP gearing.

@OP, you will just have to suck it up until the next expansion hits. It will be fixed then.

Why wasn’t this tested in season 4 coming up seems so simple.

What was wrong with the Legion System again? Where gear didn’t matter at all and we could all play

2 Likes

thats frikken legendary lol

classic blizz stuff

A few reasons.

Playing for fun isnt enough. There has to be a carrot on a stick for some people. They want their time investment to mean something.

They claim to want control of their secondary stats

They enjoy dunking on the undergeared

2 Likes