Ilvl brackets need to exist

It is absolutely ridiculous that a fresh 120 should go against a person with 600k hp… Like how is this a logical gearing process let along an enjoyable experience for anyone. Blizzard needs to ilvl bracket 120’s into their one bracket like 200ilvl, 300 ilvl, 400 ilvl, 500 ilvl. It is just annoying to consistently lose and get blamed for it as a fresh 120.

PS. Alliance always loses PvP. idk why, they always do.

4 Likes

Separation is not healthy for the population.

3 Likes

Queue times will be insane for both factions.

3 Likes

No fresh toon should be queuing into casual pvp, its just that simple, if you do you are a masochist.

2 Likes

people woukd stay just under the ilvl cap to be the “best” baby bracket player.

4 Likes

There’s a lot more going on than ilvl right now. If your ilvl was even and they had a lucky -RNGesus smiled upon them- corruption piece with damage proc, you’re toast anyway.

That said, get some gear. You are competing with end of expansion players that have been gearing up a long while. You don’t step on a football field against a seasoned team without being geared up and not expect to get torn apart, right?

Pulling the pvp community farther apart is a very bad idea. Horde queue times are already too long.

PS: Maybe your Ally teams always lose because people don’t prepare before they step on a BG?
PPS: Alliance wins randoms just fine. I went EOTS 66%, WSG 75%, AB 75% last night. Sorry, Horde friends. Good games though. :+1:

There’s not enough people for ilvl brakets. They just need to do ilvl scaling + make PvP gear drops ilvl scale up higher in PvP than its PvE ilvl.

IE: scale all gear up to 440 minimum, make random BG drops scale up to 460 in PvP and make conquest gear scale up to 475 or whatever most mythic raid gears ilvl is in PvP. No rating requirement for any ilvl scaling in PvP. I guess this is basically how WoD did it minus the scaling everyone up to a minimum.

1 Like

Or people could just stop being lazy and put some effort into their characters :thinking:

2 Likes

Only someone who would name their character Unclemusclez would think this way.

2 Likes

So you don’t think gearing in PvP for PvP is putting effort into their characters? My suggestion is basically going back to MoP/WoD era where you didn’t need rating + PvP gear was either the best in PvP or on par with 99% of PvE gear.

The ilvl minimum is the only thing they’ve never done, but 440 isn’t exactly that high vs. what some people have, it’s just to try to make you not useless on a new character or alt if you want to gear up in BGs.

1 Like

You’re able to gear for PvP by PvP’ing if you put in effort, you just don’t want to put in the effort.

I want PvP to be fun and accessible. I want people to be able to enjoy the game in a way they were for years. I want it to return to a better system that was enjoyable to a much larger number of players.

You want it to continue to be a gear fashion show where you show off your item level and rng.

Also, your statement is just irrational. You would’t be gaining gear in my suggestion any faster, the conquest gear you get would just automatically be top of the line in PvP, as it was for many years. The random drops would be mid-tier, as honor gear was for years.

3 Likes

I want the game to be rewarding to people who actually try to progress their characters, and for those who don’t to be reduced to crying on the forums :joy:

My suggestion involves progression cupcake. Conquest gear would be top of the line in PvP just as it was for years.

PvP progression models can exist without being exactly the same as they are in PvE. PvE progression models and massive power gaps don’t make sense in a PvP enviornment. That’s why you see minimal participation in PvP currently. Most people hate it.

MoP/WoD gearing models seem to be the most popular by the vast majority of people who actually played in those expansions. Most other people stopped playing before they came out and prefer vanilla-wotlk (or if they started in Legion/BfA they’ve just never had a better system to compare to). I’m not sure I’ve ever even seen anyone claim BfA’s system is the best or even good.

3 Likes

Nah, you’re asking for handouts.

It’s a bit ridiculous how much PvE players are asked to do in BFA before they take one step into random bgs.

1 Like

I’ve got a couple fresh 120’s I’ve been gearing up and doing some random BG’s on. Some WQ’s, some timewalking and a heroic warfront has them at around 430 and able to contribute in randoms. Maybe it’s me but that doesn’t seem unreasonable.

2 Likes

it’s not

And what if someone else hits 120 when there’s no timewalking?

How would they fill 16 slots of gear with ~430 ilevel items?

And btw, even 430 is low for random bgs now.

3 Likes

A few extra WQ’s? Some normal mythics? LFR? None of this is “ridiculous.”

1 Like