Illusions for Bows, Crossbows, and Guns

Hello fellow hunters, so recently I got the Shiver Venom Crossbow (yasssss) and after i enchanted it I noticed that it displayed the enchantment which is a very rare thing for crossbows to do but this effect didn’t really transfer over to any bows but sorta did for a few other (not very visually appealing) crossbows. Now i’d love to be able to change this effect and or maybe have it on other bow mogs (im a bow man myself)

How would anyone else feel about having illusions on ranged weapons? And if so where would you have them on the middle of a bows grip, perhaps across the limbs of the bow, or maybe just have it effect the the arrows. THoughts?

13 Likes

YES! This has been discussed soooooo many times and weve never gotten any answer im aware of. Even as something as simple as a small effect at the nock it would be better than nothing.

4 Likes

I’d love to have them simply because all other weapons seem to have the option of an enchantment illusion. Most enhancements for ranged weapons were scopes, so I understood why they didn’t end up with some visual change but I think it’s time.

As for what they would add, I’m not entirely sure. With regards to guns, I’d be happy with a glow coming from the muzzle. With crossbows the tip of the bolt could have a similar effect. For a bow maybe they could make the bow string sparkle or glow.

It would be a nice element for players going for a more plane look but who also want a small visual flair. Something to show the weapon in their hands is more powerful then its humble looks bely.

3 Likes

It’s not great that one of the perks of Shadowlands purchase is a weapon illusion that is not usable by hunters. Have we ever gotten a reason for this?

7 Likes

Well that bites. :frowning:

Give us illusions Blizz! Please!

5 Likes

It’s 2019, it’s time to get illusion affects for bows, crossbows and guns…specially with one of the Pre-purchase rewards for Shadowlands being an illusion…as others have mentioned…

7 Likes

Hunter’s continually get new pet tames, which is basically irrelevant with how pet abilities are doled out. Spirit beast or bust. Dispel pet or bust. Their’s no choice so what does it matter?

At least this would be a worthy addition. Getting to use the actual cosmetics given out from preorder. Give hunters weapon illusions.

3 Likes

It would be neat if they affected the projectile shot as well and gave different effects. Extra flames of ragnaros fire for everyone.

4 Likes

Feels bad though when regular enchants are better than the scope options -_-

2 Likes

I’d be curious if they have even discussed this at Blizz. I’m pretty certain there are some ranged weapons that give off some sort of special effect. I think there’s a gun made through engineering that changes visually with each rank you upgrade. Trying to remember if one of the Legion legendary BM bow cosmetics had bolts of electricity going through it, since it had actual electrical coils on either end.

The harpoon guns shoot harpoons but they’re so fast you cannot really see them. The electric gun from MOTHER shoots sparks. They already have the animation when in Pandaria 120 zone to shoot electricity when you destroy those electric towers and it gives you the buff to somethings shoot lightning. Why not make that the gun’s animation? Noooo idea.

1 Like

I think it would be cool if illusions affected the bow when the string is pulled back, and the illusion spread out from the bow a bit. Kind of like some of the visual affects you get in FFXIV for Bards when you click an ability.

1 Like

Here’s a fun little item you can attach to guns. Always laughed when I’d randomly hear a critter make a chirp, indicating it triggered. lol

“‘slike a wee angry bullet wit’ teeth, son.”

Umm bump this… We need Illusions for bows ASAP!

2 Likes

Agreed. When I got the Night Fae illusion I was so pumped, then got disappointed when I saw i couldn’t add it to my weapon.
Now I’m in Venthyr and I NEED to be able to use that illusion. Come on Blizzard, make our pewpews pretty!

1 Like

I’m all for it, why can hunters not have a weapon illusion, makes no sense. They used to allow enchants on ranged weapons in MoP.

Bump! I’m a druid main, but started leveling a hunter for the recently discovered pink eleks and when I went to transmog to match I also discovered that hunters are denied illusions! Like… what!!! Blizz has been asking for advice on how to improve the game, well here’s a big one. Add illusions for hunters plz and ty.

2 Likes

That explains why I recently started seeing them all over the place. lol

Also, thank you for the bump.

Give us illusions Blizz! Please!

I’ll contribute to the bump.

2 Likes