Ikky and unborn valk

So I’m a super pet battle noob and generally just battle with pets that I personally like.
I’ve stepped up my game a tiny bit and got an unborn valk and Ikky and have heard that combo is able to beat most pet encounters in BfA, and I was just kind of wondering what the strategy is behind that.
I was having trouble googling the answer, and I’m not familiar enough with pet battles to figure it out myself.

Usual strategy is to Curse of Doom, Haunt or Unholy Ascension, swap to Ikky, Black Claw, and then Flock until dead. Works for most encounters, but not all.

The goal is to debuff the enemy pet with Shattered Defenses (from Flock) and Black Claw, so that when Curse of Doom explodes it does more damage than normal. There are other abilities that cause Shattered Defenses, but Ikky is preferred because she also has Black Claw (adds even more damage to the enemy pet), and is in the Flying pet family (50% extra speed when above 50% health).

Check out Xu-Fu’s guides if you haven’t already: https://www.wow-petguide.com/

Lots of different strategies for defeating the Mechagon and Nazjatar Pet Battles. Some use the Unborn Val’kyr and Ikky, but there are other options too.

2 Likes

Ah, so Ikky is a fairly big part of it. I was hoping to substitute that with something I already have, but I kind of understand how it works now. Thanks a bunch.

Foulfeather makes a good substitute for Ikky where speed is needed, and Grotto Vole or Citterspine Skitterling work well where you don’t need speed.

The Vole and Skitterling are easy to catch at a high level.

1 Like