Ignore Player

This is inspiring!

Now if only we could get it baseline on the forums.

Well, yes. It is an improvement, but not a complete fix.

• Old: Mirasol ignores Kneeshooter - it only applied to chars on the same server with Mirasol.
  • New: Mirasol ignores Kneeshooter and it applies to ALL characters on Kneeshooter’s license no matter what realm.

I understand that, but I assumed in the past that Ignore meant game wide. I cannot recall ever reading anywhere that Ignore only ignored characters on one realm. I mean, why would that even be the case when people can create characters anywhere in their region?

My Global Ignore add on frankly does a better job.

PS: No limitations mentioned here, for example.

Ignoring Players in World of Warcraft - Blizzard Support (battle.net)

Yeah I had no idea it was not account wide either - until this “update”. I was not aware of the realm restrictions. I mean, it makes sense because cross realm was not a thing when it was implemented, but they should have done something about that long ago.

Yeah I guess but its still a bit of a halfassed fix if its so. And the fact that the post just mentions chat threw me a bit, as in " Improved Chat Reporting Feedback". Because obviously you report people during all sorts of game activity, not just involving someone saying something bad in chat somewhere.

Ah well, I was excited for a minute thinking my 10 year wish had been fulfilled. sigh

Cool, so now when you sling a bunch of insults at someone you can be sure that /ignore will allow you to get the last word in and the other person will have no chance to respond.

I have always thought /ignore benefits the bad guys more then the good guys.

2 Likes

Lol that really made laugh haha.

A lot of booster advertising accounts are about to cry. Good riddance. May be able to turn on trade chat again.

Stretches feet in the air and wiggles toes

the “eldest children” players are still winning, it’s true :broken_heart:

i want to get the last word :frowning:

1 Like

imagine this- you lose a BG and some 11 year old sends u a whisper saying “Learn to play bro! U are a NOOBs LOL!!” you try and explain and say " um hey I was trying to guard the FC but" don’t matter, he ignored you. HE WINS cause he got last word in.

What SHOULD happen is you can only /ignore if the other party got last word. Or its just gonna be about your ego.

If you cant ignore people in the forum, I guess ignore is not something blizz is fond of.

Hold on. So if I ignore someone, it ignores their entire account including any alts passed preset or future? But if I hop onto another toon it doesn’t automatically ignore them?

Well I guess I’ll continue to use the Global Ignore List addon.

Do this on the forums too! And also stop showing me threads that were made by the trolls I’ve ignored. Thank you.

I think this is a bad move. Cause the other characters might not be as mean as the one I want to ignore/block.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
I just laughed so loud I woke my cat. I soooo needed that.

Thank you!
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

thats the problem right there, you cared enough to respond to some whiny pimple faced little twerp. ignore them and forget about them. they mean absolutely NOTHING to you. bonus, you never have to group with them again

As of today, you have to ignore them on ALL of your alternates as well. It still needs work. you can’t ignore someone who’s not online so if he logs off quickly you can’t ignore him at all. ( guy keeps pulling the whole raid trash on top of us for a nice long wipe )

You can type /ignore name-server and win