Ignore Player

Ignore now blocks all characters on the ignored player’s wow account (in game)

Looks like it’s finally coming for 9.1.5

19 Likes

It’s been that way for a long time. Unless they changed it so the ignore list is account-wide on your side?

Edit: hey, looks like that is the case. Pretty cool stuff. Thanks for the update. Or maybe not? I have no idea. still, thank you!

1 Like

idc ill be long gone off the forums since the game will be enjoyable to me again only time i ever come here is when i hate the game besides a random post here and there that i usually never even see responses til i come back way late.

1 Like

oh thank goodness.

1 Like

That is good news.

That’s great, now I’ll know who’s the alt of somebody else.

1 Like

This is fantastic news. Could have happened around 15 years ago tho.

3 Likes

Actually kinda weird it wasn’t implemented that way to begin with. Definitely a step in the right direction.

7 Likes

Very nice change if this is coming.

1 Like

Source of this please.

Today’s PTR Notes:

• Improved Chat Reporting Feedback
    • /ignore now blocks all characters on the ignored player’s WoW account.
1 Like

I will not be silenced! O wait i dont post on alts…

3 Likes

Thanks you .

It says in chat . So I’m thinking in game . Does it say forums also or are people just assuming that ?

Maybe its just the ones with terrible reading comprehension like me

1 Like

lol, it’s just in-game. Although, I’m trying to figure out how exactly it’s different from the current system, because I could have sworn that’s exactly what the current system does already: puts everyone on the ignored player’s account on ignore, just only for the character you’re playing on.

Maybe they’re adding account-wide ignore lists? Or maybe they’re not letting players delete toons to bypass being on ignore anymore?

I’m a bit confused tbh

I kind of am too. I thought that if I ignore someone on Mirasol here, it means nobody on that game license can contact, group with, or mail Mirasol. If I switch chars, I have to ignore them again.

What changed?

If they made it so that when I switch chars they are still ignored that is great, but I am not sure I read it that way.

Ah - and update.

It worked to ignore chars on that realm. So now it ignores all of them, not just the realm.

You still have to re-ignore them on each char, but this is an improvement.

3 Likes

Ah, okay. That was a bit weird before, then. This is definitely better.

Thanks for letting us know!

Honestly I just found out! One of the Forum Support Agents answered it for the CS/TS MVPs.

I appreciated the clarification. It was rather confusing.

Oh its not here yet, well I’ll be interested to know when I ignore X if I magically see W, Y and Z also get automatically ignored. Lol.

OK, this is not what I asked for. I am asking to ignore all characters of a person wherever they are. On all my characters. I always believed that the current Ignore meant Ignore them across the game, so the improvement is simply to make it everywhere, but I still need to Ignore on other characters of mine?

What the hell…

1 Like