Ignite munching fix, this is easy Blizzard

People enjoy exaggerating things to make a point. Also, a lot of the videos related to this bug were made early on and not with most up-to-date information, so that doesn’t help either obviously. Not that it matters, but I currently write the wowhead mage guides and am on mage discord, not just a random making stuff up (if that helps?).

As for the values, they’re easy to verify with the sim we use, i can tell you even in ICC it’s sub-1% gain if fixed (assuming you were previously using one of the weakauras we recommend on mage discord).

2 Likes

So it’s not even worth it using the WA then? Idc about 1% lol. As long as I don’t get hitching everytime I cast a pyro.

Without the weakaura it’s a lot higher dps loss, but that’s not a fair comparison against a fix when we use a partial solution already.

30 DPS out of 9k is 0.33% more DPS.

It might as well be zero because that will be unnoticeable within normal fight variance. Getting one extra or fewer crits in the fight is enough to hide that much DPS gain.

The 10% loss figure is for those that aren’t compensating for the bug.

People that use a weak aura to forcibly delay pyro for a few spell batches are only losing DPS equal to a few milliseconds of lag.

Those that are just using pyroblast instantly after a fireball without knowing about it are losing much more.

So, the less knowledgeable mages lose a good chunk. The ones already topping the meter effectively get nothing.

But hooray they are fixing it on deep wounds too!

3 Likes

I agree, but with this change they should also nerf pyroblast by about 10% to compensate and bring fire mage down in line with most other casters. Nerf Aff locks too, and give a buff to the other casters. Let’s just change it all, because I don’t want to play Wrath when I play Wrath.

This is apparently being discussed,

Lastly, and for transparency, we wanted to let you know that we have been experimenting with some foundational adjustments to Deep Wounds and Ignite to fix the very authentic–but very frustrating–“Munching” effect that causes these spells to not stack properly when two attacks that add to their magnitude land at the exact same time.

From this which which won’t link properly , [WotLK] Stealth change to Feral - #4 by Basîl-benediction

1 Like

Darlene, are you there?

Why? It’s barely a buff to high performing fire mages, which were just using weak auras to impose a tiny amount of lag on the pyro cast so that munching didn’t happen…

It’s just the mages that didn’t know to do that which are going to noticeably see their DPS go up.

And warriors won’t need to worry about their weapons being synced or not to avoid it.

1 Like

Imagine doubling down being a clown instead of just taking the L like a body type 1

1 Like

Imagine trying to get brownie points from a fellow loser by coming to his aid and defending him like the gentleman you are.

Mages in shambles that they’d have to fix warriors too and that their bad idea isn’t being used :joy::joy::joy:

Seethe and cope. Take the L like a man

1 Like

Are you upset I called your best friend a liar?

Nah I just love watching people inhale copium

1 Like

I love watching people get upset when their best friends are called liars.

Not sure why game went live without fix that simple thing.

Yea i was under the impression they werent going to re-code the spells entirely which is why i suggested just changing the speed of Fireball.

Obviously that fix doesnt help the other classes who have munching like warriors and hunters and im glad they are actually fixing the whole problem for all of us.

That is some old info just like the info i had that Yama keeps posting about was old.

With the workarounds its sub 50 dps, however most people arent worried about the dps as it isnt significant enough to really matter, its more of a QOL fix.

It just doesnt feel good having to use a WA to delay pyro.

Now for the mages who dont use it or dont even know what ignite munching is its obviously a bit more of a dps gain for them.

Those mages most likely dont use a sim but sims have been updated to include munching and the workaround to show dps loss. It allows you to set a MS delay to pyro. Which is typically 50 MS.

Youre the only 1 who thinks this.