If you're unhappy about Blizzard's stance on flying

Pathfinder is a double edged sword. If you do it Blizzard claims everyone loves it because so many have done it. If you don’t they will just claim that everyone hates flying because no one is unlocking it. Does not matter what you do it’s a lose/lose for the player.

4 Likes

There is a ton of games that compare to WoWs quality, its just each one has their niche.

Ever heard of black desert online? Well it has a bunch of pay 2 win, but has some of the most epic guild vs guild battles (better than guild wars 2 imo) and has some of the dopest combat and graphics I have ever seen on any platform. It’s all about what you want and what games provide what games. IMO WoW used to have a niche to it, and now is just a well-rounded game with no particular niche. Lots of other mmorpg’s have their niche which is why they have decent populations to sustain the games… WoW is just a grandad being around since 05 and we all have grown used to it.

To a point sure.

I don’t think WoW is absolutely the best mmorpg but it has stood, and continues to stand, the test of time. The fact of the matter is, is that WoW factual is the Top MMORPG in the market. has been and will continue to be until it closes. In the comment from months ago that you quoted (i’m positive) i wasn’t even talking about personal opinion. If these other games quality matched wow then they would be as successful. Periodt.

You people really need to stay on topic…

1 Like

I just returned to the game a couple weeks ago. There have been a few days where I log in on this character to try to gain some rep for flying, grab the quests, look at the map, and log out. I play to have fun and neither island are fun. I’ll take Mechagon over the other thanks to how much easier it is to get around. I’ll get flying, but it might be more due to weekly rep bonus. Doesn’t help that quite a few already have flying and take out any rares before I can get to them. Locusts.

2 Likes

A Huge Wall of Text is not a way to get a point across. Crying about flying after almost 15 years is ludicrous …Play Vanilla and you won’t be flying till level 40…This is nothing new in WOW some people just want way too much and throw dollar signs around when they don’t get their just cause immed … I mean Come on.

What? There was no flying in Vanilla. Are you drunk? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Let’s make up a little fantasy about your projection here, okay? Got it.

What you are saying is the lie. Wanting Blizzard to take people’s money and then kick them out of the game even though they have time paid for is, well, not a good business strategy for them.

Sounds like you think you’re on payroll.

Ok it was BC…sorry for my slip of memory.

Your wrong. If people don’t do Pathfinder then blizzard will say that we don’t care enough about flying anymore and that gives them the ability to remove flight without the backlash that they received the first time they tried to remove it

OR

The low completion rate on Pathfinder will show Blizzard EVEN MORE customers/players got FED UP and left the game to pay another company to find FUN again.

Either way it’s bad for Blizzard, Warcraft and the entire community as a whole; if you don’t see that then this MMO has a very sad future ahead of it.

1 Like

Even if they do make it cost gold again there’s really no telling how much they’ll make it cost, is there, considering they don’t want flight.

If Disney buys Activision/Blizzard we won’t have to worry they’ll liquidate a lot of the toxic Developers. Disney is BIG on customer service and happy customers. They won’t tolerate employee’s peeving off the customer base.

I am fine with Pathfinder Part 1 and that is where they should end it. Pathfinder 2 is just vindictive, but hopefully that will be remedied with Disney buying Activision.

For me its just the same old tired philosophy I am done with. Pathfinder might be a big piece of it, but its the whole blatant slowdown attempt of everything with endless rep grinds and world quests.

Blizzard has stuck their heels in here. Thats fine, but I am done spending an entire 2 years of expansion cycle on repeatable quests and rep grinds. People can scream all they want that this is how its always been, but its not true. Legion was the only other expansion where I felt I was doing quests and rep grinds endlessly. The other expansions you were usually done your rep and dailies a few months in.

Blizzard would then release a rep grind or 2 into the expansion and it was usually for gear or similar rewards only. You were not forced to do it for things like the ability to fly.

Just waiting for my sub to run out at this point.

5 Likes

pathfinder exists merely as a means to slowly erode all desire to fly by stretching it longer each new expansion until all players finally just say you know what forget flying its not worth the hassle leaving Blizzard free to remove again only this time no one will oppose it

its no win situation for players if we don’t do pathfinder they’ll say look players obviously don’t care about flight and use it as an excuse to get rid of it however if the players grudgingly grind it out they’ll merely claim we love PF and keep using it like they have been doing all along

pathfinder is the kobayashi maru

4 Likes

If it’s another year wait next expac I’ll be showing Blizz my unhappiness . 3 -5 months is plenty of time gating .

This put me in mind of America love it (agree with the president) or leave it.

If you don’t enjoy Blizz’s game enough to constantly ***** and moan about it then you SHOULD just stop playing it like a normal person.

I got upset when Ikea reduced their meatballs from 10 to 8 and added soggy steamed vegetables but you don’t see me on Ikea’s forums crying about it. I just stopped eating it.

I would happily spend more time in game if I had flying, but I hate the repeatable rep grind requirement as well, so have no motivation to play the game I love due to the fact that I feel like I need to do the grinds I don’t want to do like a terrible job,.

1 Like

I agree that we should finish the quest line first, but don’t agree with any rep requirements. pathfinder is the worst part of wow and why most of my RL wow friends quit the game. it sad that blizzard is destroying their game. Gating flying doesn’t extend subs at all. nill, nada, no, nyet. it just makes the game feel like a job instead of being fun. with flying I would play more, not less. it’s easier to meet up with outdoor groups as well.

2 Likes

And then they can twist it and say “see people do not like flying anymore” and remove it from the game and with the ways things have been in the past couple of years, that’s exactly what’s going to happen.

And I really don’t want that to happen, between bad and worst, I’ll stick with bad and hope for the best.

2 Likes