If you're still going 8/10

In a week where you are complaining about not having enough time for Vashj or KT, your doing it wrong. Getting those few pieces of loot are not worth more than attempts on final bosses.

You know the time limitations.

8 Likes

???

2 Likes

If you don’t have enough time for Vashj and KT:

• Prioritize progression. Focus on Vashj or KT for first kills.

Once you get them killed, optimize your raid so you can complete it within your raiding time.

12 Likes

Guilds are still running both raids and then going back for Vashj or KT instead of just focusing on one. The desire for farmable content with is cutting valuable progression time.

4 Likes

thats kinda normal in the first 3 weeks we did the same(8/10) to boster our dps with gear(mages) then we focus on kael

1 Like

I just mentioned this in the other thread. This is 100% valid.

1 Like

In the same situation here, we do 2 day 3 hour raids. Downed KT on our TK night last week, and got vash to 12% on the next raid night. But this week instead of focusing on killing Vash pre nerf we are going back to TK on our first day and then only touching SSC the second day., which doesn’t leave much Vash time.

I haven’t been in the guild long so my opinion has no sway, and I wont be giving it to them, but I think it’s silly that we’re so close to killing a pre-nerf boss to focus on potentially getting a couple pieces of TK loot which will be way easier once both raids are on farm due to nerfs. Surely I’m not the only one who would forego some loot to get that pre nerf notch on your belt, or am I out to lunch?

5 Likes

I personally would rather try and kill Vashj and go 10/10 as the raids sit right now.

I do understand the desire to go back to KT for more loot, but that seems like it will be coming whether we want it or not.

1 Like

It made a lot more sense earlier in the tier when people had lesser gear, but we’re two months in so I don’t see the discrepancy to be that huge anymore where a couple of piece of TK loot will put you over the top on Vash, especially when not killing her was due to mechanics and people screwing them up…you can be full bis for this phase, but if you don’t get out of the striders way…well you know.

Or realize it’s a what? nearly 15 year old game? And do whatever you enjoy.

5 Likes

Crying for trash nerfs instead of encounter nerfs, crying about limited time while still prioritizing getting 8/10 over the actual boss kills is nonsense. Most people aren’t making these decisions, guild leadership is.

Woah don’t tell them maybe?? Now they can’t beg for nerfs anymore before P3, what have you done?? nevermind they won’t do that anyways and keep on crying…

I would argue that if it was KT it was close, but 12% on vashj is not close at all as most wipes seem to happen in the below 10% range for many guilds, but I get your point.

Ok we get it… now get back to timeout while the grown ups talk

1 Like

Your petty attempt at being condescending is noted. :rofl:

1 Like

If you aren’t making it to Vashj/Kael with time to work on them then you need to step your game up and perform better on the trash. Its part of the PvE experience and there is a reason the trash drops epics, treat them like a mini boss and you wont have a problem.

1 Like

Maybe use consumes and cooldowns on trash. That speeds it up alot. Probably many guilds not even doing it.

All these gatekeepers need to ask themselves why tier5 content in November should be harder than tier6 content will be in December/January when it releases.

We got to experience SSC/TK in its most difficult state for 2 months and you got people here saying ‘if you’re not 10/10 yet then you will never get there’. OK … so who benefits from keeping it this way? If it’s not for those who are 10/10 and conquered it, and its not for 8/10 players who will never do it… then the only rationale for keeping it the way it is would be to assuage the egos of those who are 10/10.

7 Likes

Yes we are gatekeeping because your raid fails at trash packs. We all know you will be complaining about T6 just as hard as you are now Qbert.

5 Likes

Why are you talking to me? My guild is oneshotting every boss now, but im not the one trying to block nerfs to make myself seem superior like some of you are. Stroke your ego in another direction.

8 Likes