If you're playing outlaw with SnD, you're doing it wrong

Even running no talent in that row is still a dps over Slice and dice.

My current sim is showing Slice and dice to be 10% dps loss while running baseline RtB with no talent is 4% dps increase over slice and dice.

SnD was never intended to compete with RTB because if it did nobody would use RTB.

4 Likes

I wish the talent was SnD and Bandit’s Guile put together. That way we can have old combat back.

7 Likes

How is that better than everyone using Alacrity? Talent rows are meant to be about choices and in many of ours we have absolutely none and are forced to choose abilities necessary for our specs to function.

If the point of SnD is to be worse than RtB but simpler to use then of course it should offer lower DPS but not this much lower. For this whole expansion the talent has been less of a trade-off and more of an exercise of anyone who uses it shooting themselves directly in the foot.

5 Likes

Seems with the Perfection essence, we ideally should be running LD instead of alacrity.

Depending on the sim of course and all.

My response included a bit of tongue in cheek. I feel like they have a vested interest in rtb being the top talent because they’ve invested in it and don’t want it to be left behind by SND by making it even close to as strong. I think a large portion of Outlaw players would take a slight dps loss if it meant a less rng playstlye. A large portion or that large portion picks rtb because snd is simply too big of a dps loss to ignore.

2 Likes

RTB sucks … wish Blizzard would just admit they messed up … i got severly tired rerolling time and time and time to try a d get a good buff … but hell with it … ill take a dps loss to have fun playing my class

6 Likes

199% agree rtb sucks and i dont play outlaw because of it.

5 Likes

I refuse to use rtb because it is the worst ability of all time, i rather use snd and have fun and take the dps loss.

7 Likes

rtb is just wrong

5 Likes

It is the best ability of the kit, it’s literally what make outlaw fun and great. SnD doesn’t play well with any of the azerite pieces compared to RtB so you’re just shooting yourself in the feet. What a shame, you were good.

Lusent, I see that you’re still bad as you were in Legion.

Not that anyone should ever use either, but SnD does play well with Paradise Lost. (the single SnD buff will trigger paradise lost, so you’ll effectively have it 100% of the time if you always keep SnD up)

1 Like

You can’t compare talents fairly with gear optimized for one and not the other. Every talent switch needs to be fully optimized; gear, traits, and stats. Funny thing those devs, they are smarter than you think. Lots of combinations are closer than most people realize to the point of being negligible when fully and correctly optimized. This often requires more gear than you have in your bags so results vary. Not all the time mind you but more often than most imagine. Besides, saying “x” is the best is often splitting hairs. People that think they know are willing to bet their reputation on a fraction of a percent. Things are often so close as to be within the margin of error.

Yeah except there’s no sim out there that shows snd being even remotely close being viable at all, hence its a dead talent.

Sims basically aren’t as accurate as everyone makes them out to be. As long as you have gear or trinkets that have higher proc per minute rng of course your damage is going to increase and sim sites will pick it up. Sim sites are meant to be a hypothetic idealogy behind the damage you can do in a perfect situation. The only time SnD beats out RtB is when it comes down to an AoE situation from when i tested it out for myself and not a sim site to tell me otherwise.

1 Like

I have a strong dislike for people who play what’s meta. If you play outlaw with slice and dice, good on you and you have my respect.

1 Like

I decided to try SnD with 3x Snake Eyes and 2x Wits. 1 Brigand buff for a little help with the shoddy ST.

Speaking only from a m+ perspective, I found that my top end is noticeably lower than RtB with Ace/DS, but my low end is much higher. In multiple runs across two different weeks, I felt much more consistent with SnD, however, tyrannical hurts. We brought a Boomy for some ST help and it worked well enough.

I don’t think it’s a matter of better or worse when considering AoE, just depends on what you’re looking for. It definitely suffers in ST fights, although, that’s an issue for Outlaw in general. Unless you’re trying to time 17+ keys in meta, the difference between RtB and SnD isn’t that huge, despite what the Sims say. They’re Sims, not facts.

1 Like