If you're not Playing Classic on Launch Day, Why?

Not playing launch day because I would like to get my quests completed. There’s no shared tagging in Classic. I went on a bit during the testing and it was so many people, all the mobs were dead everywhere. Spawns are longer. As soon as one reappeared it was already tagged by someone else. I’ll give it a few weeks to let the hype die down and for people to level up a bit to move onto the other zones before I attempt to play it.

Ok folks, this has indeed been a very interesting thread. I’ve stuck around to provide my commentaries. But, its getting late. And my cat is giving me the “daddy, its time for bed” look.

If I don’t obey, soon she’ll start meowing up a storm. She’s spoiled like that. She likes the lights out at a set time and she’s taught me to obey her every whim.

But, she’s also almost 18 years old, so she’s an old kitty and I’m not going to make her a grumpy kitty.

None of the responses really surprised me, though they were still interesting to see people’s viewpoints. We had a few less than polite responses, but thankfully, this thread remained mostly civil.

So, again, I thank all of you for trying to stay civil in spite of how the whole “classic launch” topic has kind of developed into a big mess and a playground for forum trolls.

I may indeed poke my nose into Classic later. Mostly out of curiosity or for the simple sake of the rememberies. But, again, Classic doesn’t meet my needs right now. That doesn’t mean my needs won’t change in the future. I can only speak of my current reasons for not being interested in Classic.

Sleep well, stay warm, stay safe.

Classic just isn’t for me, is all.
I do hope that those who are excited for it enjoy it a whole lot, though. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m not playing for nostalgia reasons. I just think classic is way more fun than retail.

1 Like

The same reason I’m not playing SNES, N64, PS2 or PS3 anymore.

I want to see new things and awesome shiny graphics, that’s why I’m hoping for a World Revamp even retail make me feel bad when I have to play in older zones 1-60.

WoW graphics are only acceptable in Northrend, Pandaria, Draenor, Zandalar, Kul’tiras and a couple of zones from Cataclysm(Uldum, Deepholm) + Arathi BFA.

Eastern Kingdoms, Kalimdor and Outland are so hideous that makes me feel sad.

TL,DR: I don’t want to spend my time in hideous places. Good Gameplay matters for me but without Graphics I can’t see the point.

1 Like

This has nothing to do with nostalgia. I play retail and I tried out the stress test 2 weekends back. WoW Classic was the superior game and I can’t wait to play a proper mmorpg when it’s released.

2 Likes

I know right. WoW classic, a 12 year old game, was getting more views than fortnite, the most played game in the world, on twitch, during beta. And these people be like “nostalgia” lol.

WoW classic is more fun. It just is. Idk why.People have to learn to accept the facts.

2 Likes

Because I don’t want to.

There’s literally no other reason than that :woman_shrugging:

I played about 2 hours of classic when it was open and it wasn’t fun. I don’t miss it.

You need to Google the definition of the word “fact”. Yours isn’t one.

2 Likes

been there done that. not my cup of tea.

3 Likes

Actually the scientific institute of research and knowledge recently did a study showing that WoW classic is factually more fun. Try again.

2 Likes

:roll_eyes:

Nevermind. Don’t Google fact. Just seek therapy for your insanity.

My therapist plays WoW classic.

Will be away when it launches. While I’m not sure if I will stick with it do intend to try it out since I didn’t play back in vanilla.

Lag, wait times, annoyances with quests and tagging since a qol change was faction tagging (GL waiting for w/e you need to spawn and tag first) no mount, I’m sure there’s more it’s just too late.

I’m going to try a little classic. Just to see how bad it goes. I just know lots of people from retail are staring at it through rose colored glasses and will hit themselves on the head and say “That’s why retail is that way!”. I’m specifically playing a healer so i can watch retail nooblets screw up and laugh. I’ll do that for a bit and be done. I’m sure it will have a dedicated community but i’m 90% certain most people have no idea what they’re getting into. I played Vanilla. I remember it. I won’t make fun of the players in chat, it will be hilarious seeing how many mechanics they all either forgot or don’t know about.

The WoD launch was the worst. Blizzard had to increase the player capacity of the servers. That and I think WoW got DDOS’d as well. But the BFA launch was pretty smooth.

I’m in no rush to wait in a que just to find a mob I can tag amongst the other players in the starting zone. I’m planning to log in two days later in the early am to start my nostalgia trip.

Because I’ve played since day one, I remember classic. It’s not as great as people are trying to make it out to be. Sure at the time it was great, better than anything else out. But compared to now it was boring, tedious, grindy and a slog to do anything. I mostly played a hunter, that was so awful. Played a warlock too, that was even more awful.

You’re right it’s technically not fact. But let’s say hypothetically 1 person prefers retail and 1000 prefer Classic.

To that 1 person those 1000 people may be wrong, but the difference is that 1000 people disagree with you whereas with the 1000 people only 1 disagrees with them.

Still those 1000 people may be wrong, but there’s a clear difference in popularity.

I played Vanilla when it was current. I have 0 interest in Classic.

2 Likes