If you were to work in World of Warcraft Universe

Then Houston , we have a problem

this is not folklore, it’s a fantasy game that has nothing to do with reality .

If it offends you that there are succubus, you have it easy. change the game. Because if they listen to you in this one, you will end up playing alone in this game.

What’s the difference in folklore and fantasy?

voilà … dont even need further investigation

Too many. study it.

and contextualize your quotes. I said fantasy game

I would work at the Darkmoon Faire. When it wasn’t running I could wonder around the far reaches of Azeroth doing Archeology. Maybe being doing some fishing and being a fishing vendor.

1 Like

ppl dont know folklore is folk lore.

They like those many cultural bla bla that makes satan and cthulhu oh so different and not just some made up story.

I apologize to the OP. I thought I was answering in a different post. Still, what I said is said.

Sorry

The warcraft version of a Carnie ?

A ticket vendor or a ride operator. Please make sure to keep your hands and feet inside the ride at all times or you may lose them. :smiley:

1 Like

A Cleric of Northshire Abbey (Holy Priest) turned Discipline Priest who resides in Dalaran and practices Archaeology.

I would be an eternal apprentice mage who spoils everything. A disaster :kissing_closed_eyes:

I see a lot of places would be a lot emptier if “Wow was Real”. Whole lot of places no one even mentions going or being there. lol

A vendor right by the auction house so I can buy all your junk and resell it.

I hear a fruit painter is in high demand now.

2 Likes

I would sell armor and weapon sockets for gold, the players of the world would protect me with their life, and i would be rich enough to own Stormwind.

or be a transmog vendor, nothing more lucrative then charging someone to change their own clothes…

AKA you don’t know

That goes without saying in a Forum. Could be like those internet rules, a forum rule.

Forum Rule #12, lets say:

“When someone says they have too many examples/sources, they have none.”

1 Like

Folklore:

It’s popular culture

Fantasy:

Fiction that is sometimes inspired by folklore.

In most cases by artists, writers, cinema, video games …

A fantasy artist, inspiration can come to you in various ways, the real world, folklore, fiction.
examples:

Star wars (nothing to do with reality but they sing, dance …)
Waterworld (nothing to do with reality, but they smoke, fish …)
The lord of the rings (nothing to do with reality, but they smoke, sing, dance)

Authors such as:

Miguel de Cervantes
Ursula K. Le Guin
…
…
…

They create fantasy worlds, which on many occasions shape their works taking popular cultures as a reference and adapt them to their works:

Dances
songs
characters like succubus, demons, mermaids, goblins, etc.
traditions such as Christmas, the sewing.

…
…

Therefore, there are differences and the main ones are

Folklore is popular culture
Fantasy is imaginary culture

They’re both fake