If you hate Vulpera...could be worse, could have lalafell

Vulperas are precious, leave them alone.

1 Like

I don’t know if a simple subversion makes “genuinely well thought out characters”.

The sweet and cuddly creature that’s actually manipulative and savage is one of the oldest tropes around, goes hand in hand with the big brutal creature that’s actually sweet and tender.

1 Like

I got creeped out when on an RP server on FFXIV I came across a Lala in romantic RP with one of the elf races.

It was.

Disturbing.

1 Like

Yep. Look at the Chua from Wildstar…

1 Like

Good god I thought I was the only one creeped out by them.

Worse when the female one’s hit on my Roegadyn Buffboi and I just…ew.

The reason I don’t have a problem with the gnomes and goblins in WoW is because at least they look like adults.

1 Like

The lala thing is clearly more evil. The gnome however, is far more terrifying.

2 Likes

Nothing against Vulpera but Lalafell are superior in every way.

Sorry that’s just how it is.

1 Like

No idea why, but I hate them.

1 Like

Id rather have those than vulpera. Some how lalafel are less creepy.

1 Like

They’re sacks of potatos is what they are.

The creepiest character in all of FF14 is definitely Kan-E-Senna or whatever her name is (the one company leader). The one who looks like she’s 12 but dresses and acts like an adult. Super creepy. Did not choose that company, at least Admiral whatsername looks like an adult.

1 Like

Yes i hated those

remember wildstar’s rat people? Loved those little schemers

That’s because she’s a special kind of human (hyur) that is born with horns called a Padjal, they have an eternal baby face, and a strong attunement to the elementals.

1 Like

That makes sense, it just isn’t really spelled out at least to level 35. I thought she might be the other horned race but they don’t look like her, I was confused.

More than you realize.

To get a lalafell:

• Take a gnome, and expunge all all the hideous deformities.
  • Ramp up the deliberate “cuteness” factor until nigh-unbearable.
  • Give them 10 times the greed of a goblin and 100 times the cunning deviousness.
  • Give them an impossibly deep voice:

And you have a NICE lalafell.

This one?

She’s YOUR damn secretary!

… and quite possibly the most evil or devious of them all.
The FFXIV community is definitely suspicious of her, to say the least.

1 Like

I read “sonic the hedgehog”

1 Like

Yeah, i can see where you might be confused. They are stuck looking like young adults forever. She looks 16, but is like, 30. Her sister looks 12, but is 21, and her brother is 18, but looks 10.

The conjurer trainer looks 12 as well, but is actually over 230 years old

The Au Ra’s horns aren’t actually horns, they’re like fully external ears with a hard shell.

1 Like

The more you know. I’m just getting into that game, rather like it, not quite as much as this but it’s a fun diversion when I’m timegated or just bored.

That’s basically why i play it, unfortunately they were set back pretty far because of covid, so they’re also in a content drought at endgame, and will be until mid august.

1 Like