If you got alpha/beta what would be the first thing you do?

Make a Dracthyr Druid.

Offer feedback on the Paladin and Retribution treesā€¦ because the devs will actually read it there, as opposed to GD/class forums.

1 Like

Turn ffxglow off. TBH I forgot if retail settings carry over.

First thing I did was make a monk, who is eagerly awaiting the release of their class tree. Then I made a Dracthyr and began testing that, both at level cap and in the starting zone.

I also messed around with the new UI and as is right now itā€™s pretty lack luster. Canā€™t move the buffs/debuff, or the mini map, or the quest tracker, or the bags bar. No Horde wyvern bar book ends yet. I know itā€™s a work in progress but thereā€™s a lot more they need to do to it imo.

Get on bear and do a dungeon then do prot warrior annnd arcane mage.

I also dislike the fact that you canā€™t turn on or off any of the icons in the mini map. Itā€™s overly noisy on the eyes, at least it is for me. Itā€™s like they removed every single option from the mini map in terms of icons, tracking abilities, herbs, ores and moved it to the spellbook. The icons for mailboxes, Innkeepers, repair, etc canā€™t be toggled off at all right now on Alpha, itā€™s a huge eye sore, especially while in Valdrakken.

The city and main hub area is absolutely gorgeous though, Iā€™ll give them that.

68 to 70 quest line is extremely short and rather lacking, IMO. Half of the zone isnā€™t even utilized in the quest line or it felt that way to me at least.

I realize that itā€™s Alpha and not everything is fully implemented, but it just feels extremely bare-bones right now. Even in terms of just the regular level and questing experience.

I make a toon that is the class and spec i am going to main in DF, mess around on the training dummy for a bit before testing the zones and dungeons. Test an evoker, then start to try and break things and bug report, spell check and lastly enjoy myself a little

It does feel a bit lacking. Itā€™s my hope that that is intentional, like they are withholding some stuff to keep some mystery. Probably not likely.

I also donā€™t like all the mini map clutter. Hopefully that isnā€™t something overlooked and the toggles come back.

The first two phases I enjoyed, but phases 3 and 4 hasnā€™t felt up to par to me thus far.

I actually enjoyed Dragonriding immensely the first couple of phases, the last two phases I donā€™t like the changes to how it feels overall. The response time feels slow, plodding and sluggish. The pitch, sway, movement and just flow doesnā€™t feel as good as it did.

The Soar ability changes are hugely noticeable as well.

Definitely not feeling it at all for much of anything in phase 4, seems shallow.

The city is gorgeous, like some of the talent trees, but thatā€™s about it.

Itā€™s actually concerning me because I am pretty easy to please in terms of basic levelling/questing, but we will see what happens, itā€™s still early days and much is still missing Iā€™m sure. Just providing my honest feedback as Iā€™ve provided a lot of positives the first few weeks, now itā€™s just been mainly negative the last week or two, thatā€™s how it goes.

1 Like

Not install it or play it because thereā€™s nothing in DF that interests me to the point of wanting to pay for the expansion and a monthly sub fee.

If people want to, hey, you do you, but to me they are like fans of a bad sports team that continues to buy merchandise, and attend gamesā€¦why should they make meaningful changes when people keep shoveling money at them?

spend like 4hrs making an Evoker

Probably forget that I had it, assuming my track record stayed consistent.

4hrs? I see you are being conservative with your time estimate.

1 Like

That most definitely sounds more like an iterative development task item. They most likely just wanted to get the basics in place, then add that kind of fluff back.

They may also be thinking about where to move such options, rather for it to be accessible from the MiniMap or from the in-game settings menus as well.

Check the beta forums and say Hello

I got alpha as a lot of people did today, logged in and started questing, reported some bugs I saw, people are going to roaaaaast dragonriding on launch :rofl: I understand that Iā€™m just not used to it yet and itā€™s probably not as bad as I think it is but I donā€™t think the average player is going to be self reflective and theyā€™ll instead come here, say itā€™s dumb and ask Blizz to remove it.

Alpha isnā€™t much my concern though, I want beta so I can work on addons.

TEST my fave classes and crafting

(After making a character)

Find a nice pool of water and do some fishing.

Play dracthyr.