If you don't realize the Trading Post will become the premium currency

Then you are an official Blizzard zombie. This is testing the waters for them to introduce real money options and you’re all loving it! UWU give me more transmogs daddy! Well daddy is coming, and he’s going to be demanding a lot of money in the form of premium currency.

4 Likes

Ok thanks for sharing.

4 Likes

Trading Post is a player retention mechanic. The premium currency is you having to stay subbed to the game.

This game literally already has a cash shop. I don’t understand what some of you guys have going on in your heads. If Blizzard wanted to add more cash shop items… they would just add more cash shop items.

The entire point of this system is to keep people hooked on the game to boost subscriber numbers for their shareholders calls. Letting people buy the premium currency subverts the entire point they’re doing it - again, if that was their end-game they’d just add more cash shop items.

Like, some of you guys really don’t think.

10 Likes

People who are willing to throw a lot of money at the game can already get stuff others can’t at the same rate via the token and in-game shop. So honestly, even if this ever turned into something that includes a premium currency, I don’t care. There are already lots of things I can’t get (store) or could get faster if I threw money at them. Whether the number of those things increases or not doesn’t matter to me as long as they’re only cosmetics.

I’m gonna hit cap each month by existing. Really don’t care.

Please don’t speak for me. I’m not loving it, because I see it for what it is. A nice looking FOMO method for collectors.
I also don’t like it, because they released it completely broken. Many players don’t even get the currency. So it’s overall a really bad system so far in my opinion. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I knew I should’ve bought stock in tinfoil.

3 Likes

if they don’t get the currency, are they even playing?

It’s a bug. Just look at the “Report Bug” section on this forum.
The trading post still doesn’t work for a lot of people.

1 Like

Thankfully 95% of it is lame and uninteresting, including the freebie mount. I finished the monthly in like 2 days of not even trying and now have 1800 currency sitting around after buying the 1 item that looked appealing. So… how much is the cap gain? Probably reach that pretty fast.

what the actual f is OP smoking

I think that pirate outfit and the night elf/warden saber look fine (even though it’s really weird to have that mount for all races, but whatever). However I couldn’t even buy anything, since it’s still broken for me. No currency so far. :slight_smile:

I am just curious what else they are going to add. A sparkle horse wasn’t really enough for me. Considering I already have it.

Who knows. Maybe they will add the swift zulian tiger and other deleted items to the table later on. But other than that, it is just another waste of time, on top of all the other activities in this game that waste my time. A good waste of time of course though.

sorry, i misunderstood you.

when you said “they don’t get the currency”, i thought you meant “they don’t do activities which rewards the currency”.

but yes, i’m aware of the bug.

1 Like

I saw a blue Death Star beam magic gun in my xmog list that I am going to go ahead and assume is coming next month.

what did you say?

6 Likes