If you dont have Publix subs where you live

Mmmm look at all those homemade pastries!

2 Likes

Publix (Supermarket) Subs are made from their deli. They can also slice the meat exactly how you want.

I wonā€™t deny they may be good, but if youā€™re talking best you gotta go mom and pop

1 Like

Iā€™d be inclined to agree with you if we didnā€™t live in the south (FL here.)

I got way better subs in Chicago, along with everything else. Gyros, tacos, burritos, pizza, etc.

Man, do I miss italian beefsā€¦

So sad to be missing out on take out food being marketed as real, healthy food.

Oh I dont get my BBQ there. Thats what Stiles, Franklins, etc etc are for. Tacodeli is for Tacos.

I just dont like Subs, too much bread that could have been more meat.

1 Like

Wegmans is like the ONLY thing I miss from when I lived in Buffalo, oh my God.

Rudyā€™s FTW

1 Like

Well, I was being diplomatic and leaving off ā€œin the Northeastā€ Now, I havenā€™t been to Chicago and the like, but having lived in Texas and Washington as well as PA and MD, and traveled a decent amount, I feel like somehow huge swaths of this country do not understand how you make a proper sandwich. Plus outside of the philly region you canā€™t get proper sweet sandwich peppers.

1 Like

What are NY Steamers? Clams?

1 Like

I liked TacoDeli, their Salsa Dona is amazing.

I preferred Louie Muellers (I lived in RR) but the old classics Like all of Lockhart were good.

I am now in KCK and KC > TX BBQ :smiley:
Mexican here is nowhere near as good :frowning: We have authentic, but not the cool fusion kindā€¦

1 Like

I like my sauces but really BBQ is BBQ, I dont care where it comes from or what style its in so long as its done well.

I grew up going to Chuys and it will forever be my comfort foodā€¦ You guys have the honor of having one up in KCK now so maybe that will feed your craving.

2 Likes

Ya we have 2 now! One in KC on the Plaza and one on Overland Park.

Creamy Jalapeno Ranch for the WIN. I could eat shoe leather with that or Salsa Dona on it

1 Like

Oh man, thatā€™s one of the things I miss from my time in Austin (and HEB and Torchyā€™s, although Iā€™m hearing worrying news about declining quality of Torchyā€™s) But at least that if I ever really want it thereā€™s one a couple hours away in Virginia I think

2 Likes

PORTILLOS /10CHAR

1 Like

Not many sub places out here outside of the chain ones but Mexican food thatā€™s another story .

<https ://www.poposmexicanfood.com>

Has some of the best red chili burritos around . Only 2 locations and have been going to one or the other pretty much my entire life.

they just opened up in a town not too far from us a couple years ago. Finally a decent beef. The bread is closer there to the real thing than any other place around.

Just wish it wasnā€™t 30 miles away :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Laughs in Kentuckian

Thatā€™s one thing I hate about Cali, all the food out here is super basic and has no soul to it

If you donā€™t have a real Deli by you to buy subs fromā€¦ Iā€™m sorry.

1 Like