If you defended boosts and the warp stalker mount, I just want you to know you are personally responsible

Would have been better to have tokens than boosts. But you are probably correct that we’ll end up with both.

“Sorry, your gear isn’t good enough. We’re going to take the GDKP geared player instead”.

Also, making gold more easily accessible to purchase causes AH inflation, which makes things cost more for everyone.

It’s ignorant to think this doesn’t impact players that do not participate in gold buying.

13 Likes

People have been saying the token is coming since classic.

You’ll forgive me if I say I don’t believe you.

2 Likes

It’s a part of the game design where bots aren’t the norm - with the condensed continent and way bigger server populations it’s not time efficient to farm gold for inflated items for some people. People do a cost benefit analysis - do i spend all night running heroics and doing dailies to get some gold, or do i swipe and save all that time to level alts or pvp. I definitely understand where you’re coming from though and I wish that is how it was.

1 Like

This complaint might be valid for late vanilla/bc, but certainly not for Wrath.

And with how easy it is to pug everything (except Ulduar lul) and the multitude of options to easily gear up, there really isn’t an incentive to buy gear with gold that you can very easily get for free.

2 Likes

Weird that you already know about wrath classic features.

Citation needed.

2 Likes

I didn’t defend boosts, but I don’t care much about the Warp Stalker mount, and Wrath having a WoW Token seems about right, since it’ll also have dual spec and dungeon finder.

1 Like

OK.

LOLOL never once said I liked it, just asked an honest question. You seem to be SUPER salty about it though. Nice to see you can’t answer without throwing a tantram.

Good luck getting anyone to take you seriously when you jump down their throats for 0 reason.

1 Like

People who don’t buy tokens can still use the AH. They might even benefit when they sell items because of said inflation.

when i see retail refugees engage in disingenuous arguments and pretend to take a ‘middle ground’ that is still cancerous as hell to my eyes expect me to hold you in the contempt you deserve.

Your mindset is why retail is bad. If everyone had held blizzard to the standards i had, retail wouldnt exist as it is, because either blizzard would stop making mmos, or they’d make better expansions, because players wouldnt be a bunch of paypigs rewarding terrible actions by the developer. They’d unsub en masse when bad decisions are made, and they wouldnt buy store mounts and paid cosmetics like absolute disgraces either.

Buying gold is bad, buying tokens is bad, boosting is bad, period. There is no argument against this if you’re an mmo purist, there’s plenty if you’re a narcissistic and lazy player who wants to dominate others with minimal effort, but the opinions of those people arent worth listening to, obviously.

ah, i see, you’re one of those people who dont understand basic economics, or why inflation is bad, please stop telling other people your opinions on mmo design, and go back to school instead.

6 Likes

Scorched earth lol

1 Like

I mean man is a little bit aggressive, but he’s 100% correct. This is a classic mmo, the argument that we’re older now with less free time is complete nonsense. If you don’t have time to play the game, the game doesn’t have to cater to you. There is a game that caters to you, it’s called WoW retail. WoW classic however is a pure MMO that does not need to be tainted by lazy players.

13 Likes

thats how i roll, this forum is filled with human detritus that leaked out of the final collapse of retail into absurd incompetency. And they must be called out and corrected for the many errors of their entire lives and understanding of the world. Of Warcraft.

1 Like

Warpstalker mount I didn’t care, I’ll sink 100 hours into farming a mount but I won’t spend $20 on a mount.

I believe I said the boost was fine in theory, all they had to do was make them time limited. After 1 month of TBC being out the boost should have been discontinued.

2 Likes

They are no different than the micro transactions in actual TBC, not sure why people seem to forget actual TBC had more expensive microtransactions

interesting compromise, 1 month max, yeah, i could have accepted that if blizzard announced it, but its still there, the bots are still abusing them, and the old world is still largely dead sadly. I anticipated this and ensured my 3 toons were already lvl 60 before launch so i am happily raid logging on two toons and farming on my hunter. Sucks for the late comers though.

because few bought them. The first real nail in the coffin microtransaction-wise, that nobody with an ounce of sense could ignore, was the celestial horse mount when Ulduar came out. It was far from blizzards first mistake, but the paypigs that bought that damned Retail forever.

1 Like

The logic is still flimsy when someone says, “You don’t have to buy a token lol!”

It’s like some weirdos wanting flying in Classic and saying to people that would be bothered by it, “lol, you don’t have to fly!!”

You can say that about a lot of features, like LFD “lol just don’t use it”, mogging “lol just don’t use it!!” etc.

7 Likes