If You Could Join the Maw Covenant

Would you?

Would probably be same people who chose to be Sylvanas loyalists during the war campaign. Forsaken mains and edgy rogues.

5 Likes

That depends, is it more fake choice like siding with Sylvanas or Saurfang only to be told “I Understand why you did what you did” OR will I be able to plunge the Shadowlands into eternal damnation and ruin everything?

1 Like

Are the covenant abilities the best parsing for raid encounters of Mythic+?

Then yes.

If they’re bad, then no.

2 Likes

That depends if Arthas is working With the Maw or a Prisoner of it. If hes working WITH the Maw, then yes. If he is a Prisoner of it, then I will free him through the might of MALDRAXXUS!

1 Like

Haven’t you heard? The forsaken’s under new management now. I love everyone.

Come over here and give me a hug.

4 Likes

Absolutely! And Follow the Dark Lady? I wouldn’t even think twice about it!

I would do it immediately!

Fun fact for Horde players who pick Night Fae and sided with Sylvanas, there is a point in the Night Fae campaign where the NPCs chew you out for being such a sadistic bastard.

Though they still give you quest and use for their goals anyway. So it still amounts to not much.

2 Likes

Not part of my goal.

/give fellow unliving a flame covered hug

No, they don’t have a cookie allowance.

:cookie:

3 Likes

Unironically yes. I feel like it would be a better fit for my shadow priest than Necro or Venthyr.

Nah, runecarver already gives the maw covenant transmog. I’d rather get both a covenant and the maw transmog than just one.

I feel like they don’t serve good food in the Maw. So no.

And have to spend even more time in the Maw, No thank you. Even if it was my best I would not join.

… why? This isn’t Dragon Age.

There is one path for the story, and that’s the one where the narrative continues. The Maw cannot win, so choosing to side with them is choosing to either -

1. Lose or,
  2. Have your choice overridden when the story marches on for the rest of us.

Letting players “side with the badguy” is a waste of time and resources. It’s a dead-end path with no way forward, and instead of trying to pander to an obnoxious gaggle of edgelords, Blizzard’s better off putting the resources into the choices that actually can play all the way out.

1 Like

Double dipping transmogs ftw!

The fact that one perspective is doomed to fail by the end doesn’t make said perspective any less interesting to experience in the moment.

Arguably, you just described the entire Horde war campaign experience in BFA. If you played Horde and were hoping to stick it to the Alliance this expansion you were in for a rude awakening. Regardless of whether or not you sided with Sylvanas, you saw your entire war effort undermined by the likes of Baine, both Saurfang and Sylvanas removed from Horde leadership, fail to defend Dazar’alor and watch your new troll king buddy get stabbed to death, watch new Alliance-approved leadership installed in the Forsaken, and see your efforts in Arathi and Darkshore completely reversed by war’s end. And all this without the Alliance suffering any significant casualties throughout the war.

It is safe to say Horde lost BFA, so unless you as a Horde player are going to argue that this perspective was a waste of time to experience, then I’d wager that a maw-themed Covenant campaign cannot possibly be any worse than what we got this expansion.

1 Like

How does it sim?