If you could have one new race

I’ve always felt really underwhelmed by the ally races. To me, even though I have void elves, it’s just repackaged materiel with a smiley sticker on it telling us it’s awesome new content…

But, if you could have a completely new playable race. What would it be?

Mine would be dragons. I love them.

6 Likes

Ethereals.

Shadow mummies.

What’s not to love?

14 Likes

Naga, it’s not even a question.

I’ve wanted to play a Naga since WC3.

7 Likes

Sethrak!

PLEASE

I love them. They forgot a great design and some really killer lore. Adore their story. Love their Loa. Super cool race.

:heart::snake::pray:

21 Likes

Some kind of fairy. Or dragons. Like Istaria.

3 Likes

Naga

and with Mechagnomes not showing off pants/boots/gloves/bracers there is no excuse to not have Naga.

4 Likes

Tiny Gnome sized Tauren.

:cookie:

10 Likes

Okay, imagining that made me laugh.

You can have my like. You’ve earned it.

1 Like

You’re playing some kind of fairy.

Fairies and elves being separate creatures is a relatively new consept.

3 Likes

Alliance have Worgens, so it’s only fitting for Horde to have Saberons as playable race. I would create Saberon rogue named Rengar so fast.

Sethrak

6 Likes

Ogres, hands-down, no second thoughts whatsoever. I want so badly to play an Ogre Mage.

8 Likes

came close, the mount animation was the deciding no no vote.

for me Saberon, the alliance has doggies, we get kitties.

1 Like

Vulpera… oh wait, we already got that.

so, if we could have a second new race i would vote for Sethrak.

2 Likes

First choice.

Second choice.

Followed by:
Arrakoa, since nobody has mentioned them yet.

3 Likes

arakkoa
sethrak
broken
vrykul
ethereals

all of those races are actually races I’d play.

EDIT: the fauns from shadowlands!

4 Likes

This. It’s all I want for the Alliance and with the inclusion of Void Elves it would be pretty fluid and not forced.

Technically, I suppose. But I mean the old school, Celtic Aos Sí. Or in this game, creatures of the dream, like Dryads, or Fawns/Satyr (which were Greek-based, I know). Or Welsh pixies with wings.

Usually in fantasy, Elves are considered a normal species (not sure why, myself). Like in D&D they aren’t considered Fey. They tend to live in the same places as Fae, but are not strictly fairies.

vrykul or Mogu

1 Like

I think the shadowlands fauns would be neat. I’d like to see something that isn’t a bipedal race too.

3 Likes