If you could be a class in real life

I know more about 5th Edition so I’ll use that for reference.

You look at the miracles actually preformed in the scripture. From what I know of the New Testament, Jesus used Bless, Command, Create or Destroy Water, Detect Evil and Good, Purify Food and Drink, and Remove Curse; none of those spells are above 3rd level and assuming he could change spell list daily like other Clerics he’d only need to be 5th level to gain the 3rd level slot.

I’ll grant Jesus may have taken a multiclass dip into Bard to have better Preformance checks and to gain the Prestidigitation cantrip as well as proficiency with the Whip (when he ran the traders out of the Temple as a child).

For the middle and end of the story it looked a lot like a bunch of DM fiat but nothing that the character was doing, just some innuendo about spirits and such. I’d assume the DM had Jesus as a favored PC or NPC and the players (Judas) derailed the campaign to stop the Marry-Sue natre of the DMPC.

I like the dark side too much. In a book I started righting, the main protagonist is a necro who is the daughter of death. At first her actions are questionable to say the least, but in the end, she truly believes in staying a necro who follows the light.

1 Like

So far as I know there is only one thing that God would send a non-Jewish Christian to hell for and it’s the denial of the Holy Spirit. Everything else can be repetned for.

1 Like

FREAKEN FURY WARRIOR /thread.

1 Like

Well the spirit healer would then revive you so you wouldn’t need to ask for that

Well, sure, but when I think of the damage to my clothes… Eh, hell is fine. I can’t imagine having to repurchase all of my graphic tee shirts after they got 75% damaged.

With our current economy it wouldn’t even be that terrible to pay the repair bill on your clothes.

So make the character arc more about moving from the Law/Rules of the character’s upbringing into the Chaos of her own moral/ethical code.

That way the character can have an arc and the reader will be interested in the choices etc.

Only the clothes worn when you come back would be damaged. I’d pay $20 to fix the clothes if I could avoid death and spend a few hours in bed resting after.

Seems like an easy trade.

1 Like

I’d die again from the run back home from the Spirit Healer with my booty hanging out of shredded pants.

Not to get into a religious debate at all. One thing you forgot.

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Jesus was the word of God and in the Genesis 1, God spoke and there was light. Since Jesus was the word, he was the one who created everything.

No way a 6th level cleric could do that. :smiley:

Sorry for breaking the flow of the thread. :smiley: also not trying to offend anyone. I am studying for my masters in divinity, so knowing the Bible is kinda my thing…

P.S As a long time DM I learned that having a dm pc is a dangerous tread to walk on.

1 Like

Thing about that is, she has a positive character arc. In the book, death, her mother, actually serves and worships Jesus. The main character pulls away from that due to her believing it to be too suffocating. In the end she realizes that she’s wrong.

Even though they tend to be so smugly goddie-goodie I’d go with paladin. I could help people while also being basically indestructible myself. And, being an introvert, it would be nice to be able to just up and leave whenever, without any chance of being interrupted. Besides, I already have the magic hands.

2 Likes

I’d be a druid so I could sleep for weeks then turn into a bird to poop on those cars that cut people off and then drive super slow

/wave fist

1 Like

The term ‘Word and the Light’ can be interpreted multiple ways and it’s not directly stated that Jesus was the actual being preforming the actions only that the power of the Deity was.

I like to think that when Jesus refers to the idea of God in the 3rd person he was a distinct entity from the Deity, in the same way that any vessil that wasn’t filled with the divine spirit woud be a seperate thing.

A good representation would be an ‘Avatar’ of a diety on the plane. While the deity isn’t “controlling it” it’s not that powerful becuase no Divine-Juice. The Baalspawn from Bolder’s Gate are an example of avatars that, while powerful in their own right, are nothing when not being inhabited by the god Baal.

And for the ‘Light and the Word’ I like to think of it in the context of the Word being ‘That which orders the chaos’. That order being the thing that people build life and their concept of the Divine on. It’s more important to be able to value the order that the organization of chaos brings than it is to worship or attribute that order to a being.

I’d be Algebra. I want to make everyone suffer.

2 Likes

Easy, Holy Priest.

Resurrect would cause such delightful chaos, as well as fulling healing people, etc.

I can only imagine the money I’d make… (Ha! You thought my wish was going to a good place.)

1 Like

Yeah… that’s one way to make everyone hate you.

1 Like

This is a discussion best had in person. I love friendly theological debates, but not here. So, I’ll simply smile and say I would love to be a vampiric, dark angelical death knight. :smiley:

1 Like

Fair enough. I think we have a different concept of the ‘Godhead’ and the unity or seperation of the Spirit, Son, and Father.

Resurrecting the dead and healing everyone would be awesome. I wonder what would happen when the world ran out of resources… Ask the draenei for a lift on their space ship? We see how well that turned out before…