If you bring in Pathfinder to the Xbox customers

You won’t have them for very long. SL is a good opportunity to remove it all together.

2 Likes

I mean, they are basically giving flying to everyone outside of current content. Seems like a fair trade tbh.

1 Like

What’s this talk over WoW coming to Xbox?

Not gonna happen on the Xbox One for sure.

Its just talk.

2 Likes

They’re adding APIs for controllers in Shadowlands. They’ve said the intent isn’t to directly support using controllers but rather to make things easier for people who makes addons/etc for players with disabilities but that doesn’t really stop people from just running with it.

Here’s Kaivax’s post about it.

3 Likes

Ah, I see. Cheers.

Sweet now I can play wow and FFXIV with a controller

Man you guys are really grasping at straws at this point.

1 Like

Implementing flying was one of the worst decisions Blizzard made with this game, and Pathfinder is their admission of that fact. The only reason they haven’t taken it out of the game altogether, probably, is that it would expose them to lawsuits from people who paid money for in-game flying mounts.

No, not it isn’t the worst decision. Its one of the best. Don’t fly if you don’t like it. For us people that like flying we will do so. The vocal minority for flying really needs to learn. The whole reason we have pathfinder is due to the mass exodus of players when Ion said we weren’t going to get flying in wod

1 Like

I don’t really see how controller support by itself implies a console release, as if controller support is the giant hurdle over which PC games must leap in order to make it to consoles.

That’s really not the case.

2 Likes

The story is enough to drive away console players.

People who play real RPGs like Divinity Original Sin 2 or The Witcher could scoff at WoW’s “story”.

WoW writing is really trash when you compare it to games with real emphasis and money invested into story instead of the main feaure being timegating and chores like MMOs.

They are adding controller options for accessibility issues and all of a sudden people think that means “console port”, which is doesn’t.

Given that new players have to do BFA content…I doubt many will last in the first place…pathfinder or not.

I think it stems from the fact there is apparently info showing they are trying to make changes to officially support gamepads. So people are assuming (dangerous thing) that it is Automatically being ported to Consoles.

You mean the same community that’s willing to spend $100 on virtual cars and who knows how much on skins in fortnight?

Personally I know one person who wants to play the game but only has consoles. Putting it on console eventually might be a smart move. I’m keen to try the game with a controller, though I’m so used to keyboard/mouse it would be less strenuous for marathon gaming.

Are we just making things up now to find new ways to complain about Pathfinder?

2 Likes

“Don’t fly if you don’t like it.”

Man, that’s just such a horrible argument. Why do people repeat that argument so frequently? Your flying ruins the game for everyone else. It makes the world dead and lifeless, and actually makes the game less rewarding for you. There was no mass exodus, there was just a horde of pre-teens complaining on the forums and Blizzard apparently didn’t have the courage to stick with what it knew was the best thing for the game.