If the Lich King is Really Coming Back Next Expansion Then Please, For the Love of God, Resurrect Kael'thas Too

Y’all did the poor guy dirty back in BC. Raise him from the dead and make him lord of the vampires or something. Or reveal that he got an immortal demon soul through his bargain with Kil’jaeden. Or go back in time and stop him from making an evil nonsense decision.

Don’t care how you do it. Just let it be done!

Please and thank you.

(Ideally I’d like the same thing done to Lady Vashj as well, but I get the feeling that ship has long sailed.)

4 Likes

Obligatory.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/597507470163968016/602971212603195423/KaelThas16FDS.jpg

Source: Galdersart from Twitter, this is a commission I got for my community as a fun concept. Lord of vampires would be a yes please from me.

Heck I even wrote a scenario for the idea. Warning, it’s a long read. What can I say, I’m a writer. This was a while ago though so might not be accurate, but ah well, was still fun to write <3 Was before the whole Sylvanas flying off thing, and I think in this I had a Dreven resurrection scenario as well, so there’d be 3 blood princes for this task.

Story in Question
1 Like

He better come back or this hype will never be around again.

We are turning to a time where the past is the best way to keep a company going. Also known as “refreshes” since the developers are out of ideas or driven by management.

So yes, he’s coming back, but In a different way than before.

How many setbacks can one elf take?

4 Likes

maybe we get to see the lich kings boss.

Never played WC3…what does Kael’thas have to do with the Lich King? Wasn’t his story more to do with the Burning Legion?

Bring him back headless, too.

Beheading was merely a setback!

3 Likes

The only thing he has to do with the Lich King is that he’s currently dead.

Just saying; the opportunity for resurrection is there if they wanted to take it and fix the atrocity that was his “character arc” in BC. If Bolvar somehow has Arthas’s memories, then he might find morbid pleasure in bending an old enemy to his service. Arthas and Kael’thas had a very contentious relationship when they were both alive.

1 Like

Daddy is that you? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(note: Assisting Fallynn with pic)

2 Likes

Yeees, thank you! Don’t have TL3 anymore so that helps a lot. I appreciate it.

Zul’jin has my vote for “characters that are dead that get redeemed”

I do still think it’s dumb that Kael’thas wasn’t the leader of the playable blood elves

1 Like

I’d take a return of Kael.

It give us DH’s something actually universal to hate again. Oh look…its the idiot who couldn’t handle his fel powers. guess we have to take care of that before he makes us look bad.

It be nice that. One source of BFA hate. for some reason I am supposed to hate the other sides dh’s. When we were all outcasts to start off with. So not even sure why the hell we cared in the first place. You normal idiots go play soldier, us DH’s reform up and fight old god crap. How it should have been.

Team up again to play with Kael…would be very welcome at this point.

And who the hell stole the fel hammer when they left? And if they stole the damn thing why didn’t they at least use the thing?

You know…drive you like you stole it. Just in this case…they actually stole it lol.

I don’t think Blizzard has the same regrets for Kael’thas as they did for Illidan

1 Like

No, leave that silly San’layn stuff in the trash where it belongs.

Did you ever notice that Arthas’ soul didn’t escape from Frostmourne, even though Warcraft III stated the sword consumed his soul? :thinking:

Kael’thas just had another setback he’s fine.

This angle could go places. Remember that we have the Army of the Light now. Maybe the army stumbles across his immortal/demon form out in the nether somewhere, but he’s remorseful and and wants nothing to do with fel any longer, so he gets purified and returns to Azeroth. The end result isn’t quite a 100% normal elf so he looks kinda funky, but his thirst for magic is sated and he’s achieved a sense of perspective and balance that makes him much more fit as a leader than he ever was before.

1 Like

Eh? Why’s it trash? Vampires have been part of WoW lore since WC3. And you know the rule; if it’s in WC3, it’s good.

So sayeth the lorewalkers.

Pretty sure any given Blood Death Knight is probably a vampire my man.

1 Like