If the horde are not going to try and help balance the faction issues

100% bullcrap. Take some personal responsibility. Also roll on a pve server and run around flagged, you get all of the fun world pvp and none of the negative because you can unflag. Except the problem if you people want to gank Horde and you can’t so you’re crying on the forums.

2 Likes

:+1:t2: mkay cupcake! Take your millenial do no wrong elsewhere :slight_smile: “We did this thing! Idc that you told us this bad would happen, IT’S YOUR FAULT THAT I FREELY CHOSE THIS!” lmao kids these days…

Lol another kid that still doesn’t understand what’s about to happen.

Your tears will be delicious :joy:

“lol” another person without a clue posting on the forums.

Blizzard has been pretty cheap handling classic so far. This can play out anyway and we will not know until Tuesday.

My guess is they do cross realm pvp across the whole board but who knows could be battle groups too.

PVP Servers were always a bad choice, in Wow.

That is why they were finally removed.

Playing on a PVP server, in Classic, is just silly. It is like not learning anything, from the last 15 years. “Intelligence” is knowing that smoking is probably bad for you; “Wisdom” is never smoking, because of that.

3 Likes

I’ve played up to six different mmos including wow vanilla exclusively on pvp servers. I love the open world danger.

Do I concede that I made assumptions based on my experiences? Of course. Do I concede I made a mistake? Of course. But I can’t admit that my assumptions were completely baseless.

It’s hard to anticipate the size of the servers and faction imbalances and worst of all, that one faction wants to pvp and the other faction wants to sit on epic mounts in IF. There’s only so much I can control and I can’t just wave a wand and will my faction into wanting to pvp. So instead I’m trapped in hell.

Well, Blizzard literally said that servers were going to be bigger, and Horde has outnumbered Alliance in PvP for years now (hence the reason Blizzard has to bribe Alliance to even turn it on these days).

But other than that, you’re not trapped in hell. Or, if you are, it is a cage of your own making. You can escape at any moment, if you simply choose to let go of the baggage that is holding you down. You don’t even need to delete your character. Let it stay there, in case things improve. Just create a new character on a PvE server, and you’ll be free.

pvp happened on a pvp server re roll if you dont like it bye bye.

players chose where they play so lets blame everyone else other then your self.

Sure delete your main and I’ll reroll. :roll_eyes:

Such an asinine solution. “Throw away everything you’ve done and start over playing the same game over again”

The solution I want is impossible. I want the alliance to want to pvp as badly as horde does. I honestly don’t see how them having fun either and feel sorry for them being stuck with a bunch of carebears on the other team.

It still ends up being Blizzard’s fault for their design choices. Letting free xfers for smaller factions is what killed Stalagg, Flamelash, Skeram, Heartseeker- the choice to do that instead of faction specific queues from the start is 100% Blizzard’s fault, and completely to blame for the massive difference on those servers.

You can’t blame players that jumped ship, many of them did so not because of what the server was like at the time- but what they feared it would become (and what it did become) in phase 2.

Now- just think of who is left on Flamelash, the most extreme- there’s multiple peak hour videos up with /who 60 that hits 15 players. Imagine at peak hours there being 15 level 60s on the entire Alliance- you can’t do anything with that.

The problem is- look at the benefits and penalties for each faction:

Overpopulated faction benefits- can farm/level with ease in peace, no competition for valuable mats, can reach any dungeon without effort, still get benefit of xserver BGs.
Penalties- none.

Underpopulated faction benefits- none
Penalties- can’t do anything in the world without being camped until they log off or reach an instance portal to escape.

Now, there’s a lot Blizz can’t do without taking away player agency, however there was one thing they can do, and it was something they DID do for 90% of Vanilla. Same server BGs.

Will one incentive to be on the lower pop side swing the balance? No, of course not- but it would not only help, if it was known from the start it may have changed player’s initial choices.

Why would Horde move to HS if they still have long queues? Why wouldn’t Alliance move to HS knowing they’ll have instant queues?

If there’s zero penalties and all the benefits for stacking a server, of course it’ll happen- and it did happen, and it won’t fix itself. Same server BGs is quite literally the last chance Blizz has to at least attempt to fix this problem- don’t get me wrong, I can’t see them doing it as they clearly want there to be horrible balance on servers so they can sell lots of paid xfers later on- but if they want to at least try something to save balance, that’s it, cuz after BGs are out there’s nothing left.

Mate, I don’t think PvP servers are you judging from your post. It’s okay though. Not all of us are built for it. Perhaps try a PvE server?

Oh look, this topic again.

1 Like

how would the horde fix where you chose to play and what faction you picked?

flamelash kids don’t even care about balance lmao they just wanted to “dominate a server like the horde does with all of them” and then they got followed and corpse camped to oblivion again

I don’t think they left to dominate the horde. I think they wanted to play pve again, but the amount horde between them and their goal was too much.

And that is why I say it is a prison of your own making. There are options available to you, but you choose not to take them. You don’t even need to delete your character, just create a new alt on a new server. The work isn’t wasted, just shelved.

It isn’t like you’re having fun in ‘hell’, are you? So why do you resist the obvious solution before you, just because it involves a little extra work. Treat it like you would any alt, or starting up a new game of any RPG. You are choosing to stay in hell, because you’re afraid of ‘losing’ the work you’ve done, when the work is already ‘lost’ if you can’t play the game you want to play.

This is why I have no sympathy for the people who complain about being ‘trapped’ on PvP servers. They aren’t being forced to stay. They just don’t want to do the work of playing a new alt.

I started up an Alliance alt on my server. Functionally the same as rerolling to a new server, since I can’t send bags or mats from my main to help my pally out, but I’m enjoying the journey, starting from the beginning again. Probably won’t raid much, or at all, with that char, but it will be good to experience some of the zones from the other side.

1 Like

Considering all the realms are loaded with people that should have rolled on Normal realms, it already has.

You realize of course that Flamelash is far more likely to serve as an example to Blizz not to allow transfers for you guys right? Because you’ll use any opportunity to flee from conflict.

Also it didn’t work out too well for those guys because apparently hundreds and hundreds of Horde followed them to their new server and now they’re being camped again on the new server.

1 Like

What can Blizzard do about this in Classic? If they tweak anything that wasn’t in Vanilla (even nerfing things) defeats the whole purpose of Classic then because that would not make it Classic anymore. I don’t pvp and glad I don’t hearing how things are, but the only way this gets fixed is if Horde start switching. Otherwise, they are not going to get to pvp when there is no Alliance to kill.