If Mythic Guilds are good enough they would be able to compete with PUGs doing M Raids from day 1

Are you sure? What about the 200 guilds from Horde/Alliance that couldn’t sweat enough to get their Jailer kill yet, and will likely be unable to do so until August, when the patch is almost completely irrelevant.

So yeah, Blizzard is stopping me in favor of a timegated monopoly.

So what’s stopping you from getting past 7/11H? That must be Blizzard too, eh?

Go check my warcraftlogs/wowprogress or whatever and see how many tries I had on Heroic Anduin and beyond.
Absolutely zero. I had no time at all to play in the previous days, nor will to do anything with this character anymore.
What is your point?

There are multiple guilds getting their mythic bosses kills while being 10/11 on Heroic. What a joke. Stop projecting your own failure on others.

Btw: just saw that you are a 7 months CE player. I understand why you are doing some damage control now.
You need the monopoly working because you need players applying to your guild to carry you.

If you can’t recognize an alt that didn’t start raiding SoD until it was time to prep for 9.2 then I can’t help you lol. I killed sylvanas 12 times before I ever brought this character in SoD.

But even if I did take 7 months to get CE, what does that have to do with pugs? Guild progression does not change a single bit if cross realm mythic opens on day one. And like I said before, I’m not at all against it. I’d welcome it. Pugs still would never progress beyond the first few bosses because that simply isn’t how mythic works. And if you don’t have the time to get deep into heroic you certainly don’t have the time it would take to make any progress in a mythic pug. But you clearly disagree, which is why I’d be happy to see how things shake out if it was open. No one wants a monopoly of anything. And no one feels threatened by the pug scene. It’s just an unfortunate reality that high level raiding works best as a scheduled activity with a static group.

And for the record, even mentioning heroic Jailer as ‘proof’ of how easy mythic is shows how clueless you are about raiding. Jailer is easier than everything except the first 1-2 mythic bosses. It’s just really not worth your time to do it unless you have a lot of 2h str dps because the loot is worthless for every other role.

Honestly, I can’t argue with this amount of guesswork and projections. Keep living in your wonderworld in which scheduled sweaty people are the only ones that can kill bosses that require you only to move around and do DPS. You guys are snowflakes and really need the monopoly working in your favor so you can have your bench filled and the sense of being the 1% rolling in.

kind of wild how people see a mythic “pug” consisting of us top 20 raiders on alts clearing most of the raid in a few hours months after it’s on farm for their guilds, and think that’s representative of the success 99% of true pug groups will have in the content

1 Like

I’ve been CE raiding for like 7 years and the only true pugs I’ve even heard of getting past the first few bosses were well organized pugs on Korean servers that have a totally different social dynamic where leaving the group was considered a huge faux-pas.

It’s not even about skill. Of course there are good guildless players. Of course there are high ranked players who will pop in on alts. It just takes too long to progress and learn and become familiar with a specific comp for a true pug to get anywhere. And again, that’s even without considering the reality of mythic lockouts.

1 Like

Can you stop using your own individual experience as a ruler to justify a restriction that has no reason to exist except to appeal to a pyramidal cartel of tryharders?
It wouldn’t matter if pugs cant get 2 or 11 boss killed. It doesn’t matter how much frustration would happen or how much it would affect guilds.

Freedom of choice is only bad when it damages someone else on purpose. Not when it removes the privilege of a few sweaty and scheduled nolifers.

I’ve never been part of a cartel before, maybe we need to pick a cool name like the broker cartels

1 Like

What about sweaty cartel? Or snowflake club cartel? Or: I have so much commitment to the game that I deserve privileges cartel?

Or: I’m afraid my guild would disband had plebs be allowed to do Mythic Raids themselves cartel.

So clearly you’re here to troll and bait then. Mission accomplished.

Are these trolls that you see here with us now? Do they disturb you at night?

Okay, we won’t pretend. We’ll just accept this as the reality it is. There is no realistic pug population that will have any significant success in mythic progression, even if every hurdle you want to identify is removed. The only chance for a pure pug to make any real dent in mythic is to queue fish into an alt group somehow and get hard carried.

But please, keep pretending that the only thing stopping pugs from out progressing organized raids is restrictions that have absolutely nothing to do with inhibiting pugging. It’s amusing.

The cognitive dissonance is strong with this one. How am I supposed to have a civil argumentation with this? You literally make things up to justify something that has no explanation outside of promoting guild cartel.

Something being puggable necessarily means unrestricted cross realm invitation. Otherwise you are stuck with a strongly capped population that does not engage into mythic activiy at all because the system doesnt aloow them to do so, or because they are already in a guild, undergoing toxic, scheduled, work-like environment.

Listen. I know this game is the sole life of many here, and you guys need your virtual trophy to prove that you are good enough at least in this, but I really don’t care. There is no good reason to artifcially promote snowflake sweaty tryhard guilds instead of allowing organic pugs to take place.

Like the title of the thread implies: you are just afraid that you won’t have people applying to your guild to warm the bench for your. Just imagine having your fragile world being shattered by the fact that any person with 2 digits IQ can do mythic bosses that require you to do nothing less than press movement buttons and do DPS.

Just imagine thinking that the fights are anything beyond this. Hahahahaha. You don’t realize that the lot of bad guilds only can have some progression in the raid because they farm for MONTHS the first bosses, so they can get overgeared and start to take down the next ones. But in your mind, you are special snowflakes that were gifted with divine talent to be “professional wow players”.

What a joke. Lmao. The forums are definetly a cesspool of gatekeeping weirdos.

You could start by avoiding insults that don’t necessarily apply to the people you’re talking to:

You could then stop making gross oversimplifications that, while seem true to you, don’t actually accurately reflect reality:

I understand that you don’t like the guild environment, and I understand that you think you’re an excellent player. But you haven’t got the smallest idea of what mythic raiding is if you believe that it’s just pressing movement buttons and doing dps. Yes, that is technically all anyone does in the game, well, except for healers who also need to produce hps, and tanks who will be using defensive cds, and oh yeah, dps who also need to use defensive cds and other utilities, but again, yes, as a ridiculous oversimplification, technically correct.

The reality is it requires coordination, communication, discipline, repetition, and patience. Pugs are generally deficient in all of these traits, and even if you happen to be one of the unicorns who is a master of all them but not in a raid group, what do you think the chances are you’ll get 19 more in one place? And because you’re opposed to organized raiding, you’ll need a different 19 next week and a new 19 the week after. Remember, you’re going to have legions of people who feel like they’re good enough to go straight to mythic who are the same people that find a way to wipe LFR groups, so good luck sifting through all of that trash while forming your groups. Then, after all of your hard work putting together what you hope is an ideal group, get ready to replace some of them after every wipe. And how much coordination do you expect when you have a revolving door of players? And the people who do have some patience will eventually burn out as you have to teach the newest crop what their responsibilities are, and then you’ll need to replace them too.

You live in a fantasy land if you think a group of random will have any meaningful success in a difficulty that is punishing for groups of people who are dedicated to working through all of the difficulties together.

2 Likes

For baddies that do not study the fight for themselves and do not have enough experience in the game.

Projecting. Guesswork. Generalization.

Been there. Done that. I don’t need anyone else to tell me out of guessowrk that it won’t happen when experience shows me otherwise. Oh, so fights are not only movement and DPS? Ahhh yes, I forgot it! You can add 2 more buttons in it. Interrupt, CC, Slow, stun. Ohhhhh. The game is sudenly a NASA job now!
/sarcasm

I don’t care. My groups, my lockouts. No problem with that. Not your problem. And would be fine farming the same bosses in the beginning to get overgeared and achieve the last kills (just like the majority of the mythic guilds).

Oh, so the risk of having bad people in your group should be an excuse to gatekeep mythics? So we shouldn’t allow them at all, right? They should be guild-only until the tier is outdated. Or maybe we shouldnt have M+ at all because you have the risk of having baddies in your group! Oh, did I meantion ahead of the Curve? That the minority of the playbase has? We shouldn’t risk having baddies taking part into it as well?
Do you see how cloddish your argumentation is?

Just like the rest of the content in the game? :open_mouth:

Just like guilds work?

Just like benching players work?

I’m gonna quote my previous reply:

Right. 95% of the player base, at a minimum.

Based firmly in 14 years of in game experience.

Please direct me to any significant raid achievement you have secured in a pure pug and preferably links to logs that will substantiate the nature of the group.

No, but the near impossibility of any meaningful success from any pugs is a good reason not to open up a system that exists for other reasons. You seem to be under the delusion that the restrictions are intentionally anti-pug, when that is just a side effect.

Oh, so now you are making numbers up and asking me to show you otherwise.
The burden of proof lies with you, my dear sweaty gatekeeper.
But you rather pretend everybody is bad and protect them from their frustration, because they must be snowflakes just like you are!

Is this kid garden or what? What a joke. I’m done.
The “we gonna protect you from yourselves” mentality talks a lot about what kind of people you are. Doesn’t matter what I do or show you, you won’t give up on your mental gymnastics and fragile patronizing behavior.

Whatever makes you sleep at night, dude.

He’s gray-green parsed most of heroic in his pugs. Seems like his ego is getting the better of him.

If he thinks 20 people (pugs) playing at a similar level are getting CE he’s out of his mind.

Keep coping.