IF, IF there was additional content in the future

Maybe, just maybe, we should let the game launch before we consider “other and additional” content?

why? blizzard ain’t. hhehe you just know theyve got a couple guys in the back, working on possible scenarios to present for acceptance. lets help 'em out!

That’s silly. Just as it is possible to play retail and classic at the same time it’s also possible to play vanilla and tbc. Just because someone goes to play tbc doesn’t mean they are taken away from classic. In all honesty it could prolong classic because you now can take a break from one expansion to try another until you want to go back and not just burn out.

You do understand that this was a literal piece of logic in the wall of no right? Maybe there is someone who doesn’t like vanilla too much and doesn’t want classic but wants to play tbc. That’s not splitting anything.

Also once again, it’s possible to play both dude.

Dumbest reasoning you have had so far. “People will like it too much so we shouldn’t have it”

If people want to play that’s a reason to make it. I hate to break this to you sweetheart but not everyone is going to want to play vanilla classic forever. You really need to understand that.

Then what’s the reason with opening up classic at all? Lol. Tbc and wrath deserve to see the light of day just as much as vanilla. WoW was a trilogy in its prime. Period. And whose joking who, after a certain amount of time classic will see a dwindle of players. Where do you think they will go when they get bored? Hint, it’s away from blizzard and possibly tbc private servers.

Your reasonings are very weak.

1 Like

True, but we are on a forum, whereby many of us are speculating/wondering cuz of cope, while we wait.

The more I think about it the more I become convinced that if they ever did Classic+ they would have to drastically change the game, even if they remain true to the core design philosophy of Vanilla.

Simply adding new raids, zones, etc. has limited value because they can’t just keep upping the item level of our gear without causing serious issues and adding content below our item level will get cleared instantly.

At some point I think you would have to do something big to open up some more options for horizontal progression. Character progression is important but we can’t just infinitely increase our stats, and if you’re going to do the TBC thing of just making everything before it irrelevant then just make TBC servers.

i thought it’d be a nice thing to add 4th specs, to implement things they started but didnt finish, experimental ideas they never implemented like 4th spec necro for warlock, 4th spec fae (dryad for females, keepers of the glade for males) for druids, 4th spec bard for shamans where their totems become interactive tribal war drums they run back and forth between, 4th spec wizard for mages where they control time in various ways (think dr. strange), and so on.

could also use the 4th specs to include forms that will never be playable races since the entire armor database would need to be updated to include their size armors. example, say we have a 4th spec ethereal for rogues. ethereals present an issue for armor fitting. so just make it a 4th spec form and it doesnt need armor changes

I think TBC and wrath did a disservice to the game immersion. Even prior to TBC, the mood to sell world shaking narratives became the focus, and that mode is what deflated the specialness of wow… and the mechanical changes too.

TBC and wrath are great sorry arcs, but sometimes, in a dynamic world, the stories/background unfinished, are more evocative. As neat as it was to have the Lich king confronted, perhaps it would have been more amusing to have it portrayed as a whispered thing, in the game. An idea of a malign presence floating around.

There is a pathological geekiness in entertainment, where people want everything explained, and it ruins the magic.

Along this note, Imagine if wow lore had to be read in game for example? And if libraries offered special stories like epic drops. Where you might uncover a part of a mystery. At least then it would feel earned. You could even know things and keep it a secret.

Ah sweet summer child, can you honestly make raid night for two, maybe three MMOs? Possibly on the same night?

Or do you have to reschedule or maybe cut one or two off just to make it all work together? Work and school and having a family probably don’t permit that. After all how actually time rich are you? How many guilds do you actually have to flake from the compounding amount of things eating away at your actual time?

1 Like

I think they should leave classic character classes alone (in the case of a hypothetical retcon expansion). As in they’d remain fixed. Adding a 4th spec would just move toward a retail mentality.

only vanilla requires the level of time commitment that it would need its own week to participate in, such as naxx.

changes but no changes?

Lol it’s funny because you call me a child yet assume everyone will be worrying about raiding. Here’s the thing kiddo, as an adult I don’t have time to raid. Raids are not on my radar. So yes, when I login I will have time to do whatever I want on a video game.

Why do I have to build a schedule around a video game to enjoy it? Maybe when you grow up you’ll understand.

Um it does when I don’t make video games part of my schedule and I can just login when I can and do what I want?

Lol dude… you really need to understand thatfor some people video games aren’t a big part of their lives.

Yikes…

Retail
Classic
TBC
WotLK

Those are possibly 4 mmos. You have guilds, raid schedules, leveling, pvp content in each. How time rich are you actually to commit to all 4?

You do understand all of this is subjective. I could say the same things about classic and be technically correct because that’s an opinion.

i’d commit to vanilla and tbc, especially tbc. my favorite version of the game. but theres aspects of vanilla before the tbc changes to it, that i appreciated reading about, even though i started in 2005, i didnt get to participate in world dragon kills and world pvp. was too much of a noob and casual.

And this is how it happens. I hope J. Brock walks out at this blizzcon and makes the same ice cream comparison announcement for tbc.

What is your deal with thinking you have to commit to a video game? Seriously how old are you?

Honestly I tend to agree. I think firstly the most important thing moving forward from Classic is that it remains as a server intact, potentially with scheduled resets however outside of that it should be encapsulated in time.

From there however, as long as that is maintained I would be extremely open to what people have coined Classic+. Whether this is the addition of new retconned content, or simply a reimaging of the current timeline but updated and most importantly following the design principles of Vanilla I wouldn’t mind too much.

Either way I think both should have an option of transferring characters (one-way) from the traditional Classic server.

Firstly this allows people to roll new characters on Classic without fear of losing their progress, they can simply play Classic for as long as they want and then transfer to a live server when they are finished. It would also allow people to “save” characters before a reset if Classic ran with that design.

If they do implement a Classic+ design, I would personally be interested in seeing Blizzard develop a new progression path that doesn’t include endless/infinite scaling such as the current design. More in the lines of “horizontal balance” as you mentioned.
Gear being developed around certain content to make it effective, allowing you to essentially progress your character in multiple aspects in the manner of your choosing.

I’m thinking more along the line of “expansion specific power”, so you would have your base “Vanilla gear” and from that you have gear that works better in say TBC content, or WotLK content.
You could simply swap your gear to essentially “re-progress” a new expansion by having the base gear equipped

You proved my point Ehma, sweet summer child. You don’t raid, you aren’t dedicated to end game content. So you are going to flake.

You also have to build a schedule in your life precisely because of life. You only got so many hours in the day to actually be part of these games. So you sacrifice what you won’t enjoy as much.

Old enough to know you are a casual player who will flake from guilds and be “unavailable because it wasn’t worth their time” to show up for a raid night. I’m not surprised you are so easy.

i want tbc too - my favorite expac. i’m just offering up ideas for the classic+ concept