If i got the r3 dps essences, will i be able to buy the equivalent for the healing ones?

With the option to buy essences soon, and as someone who has only ever done dps things, rolling a healer already has its bumps, but will i have to farm for the healer essences from all their drop sources or will i get to buy them from MOTHER as well?

Can only buy rank 3s of what you earned. Not what you didn’t earn.

So, being a tank, i got exalted with Mechagon and have the Null Barrier.

I wont be able to get the mechagon exalted healer essence on a healer alt, because my main doesnt have access? Even if i met the requirements for it?

Weird. So its like obly half the essences are account wide

They’re separate essences. So if they’re not unlocked, you won’t have access on an alt. If it’s unlocked and just not useable in your spec, then it’ll be available for your alts.

Look in your list at your essences. If it’s an unlocked rank 3, your alt can buy it. If it’s not, then you can’t.

Ok yeh, that all makes sense, but where Neri is coming from makes sense. This “account wide essences” is only half done because of how the system was done in the first place. So kinda unfair on those who played a character who only ever got dps, dps/tank essences

I’m not saying it’s a good or bad system. Just giving the pertinent info.

2 Likes

no no, i aint trying to start conflict, just pointing out the flaws blizz created with essences for alts.

1 Like

Thanks for the info

:frowning:
Seems like an incomplete bandaid fix. Time to grind out reps on my mistweaver alt still

1 Like

Yes, the way it appears at the moment is that you can only get access via this so-called currency to those essences you already have at Rank 3. You still need to work for other ones as you do now.

Good thing I’m a class that covers all 3 roles.

Gonna add this bit of the post:

It sounds to me like there’s an exception for the essences you purchase from the Nazjatar and Mechagon reps. While we’ll have to wait and see for sure, the way I’m reading this is that getting Rank 3 of a one of those essences will also add their other-spec counterparts to MOTHER’s list.

1 Like

its a start i suppose, woulda been nice if the raid and mythic + ones also got that treatment, cus its all the same item for 1 essence so i don’t understand why blizz doesn’t do that