If I Get Back Into Arena

Hey-o! I used to be a commoner around here, back to Cata up to about the last season or so of Legion and I’m wondering if the 3s scene is bearable.

I legit had had enough with the game when 2x fdk and 2x dh rdru (I guess 2x feral was there too but not as bad) were running wild in my 2k and lower pleb ranks, hoping the game is maybe a little better now lol

Maybe I should post on a toon someone might recognize?

Meh, looking to play warr and a healer of some sort if I do get back into it. What are the strong comps these days? How spud-lordian are pug 3s?

Read a couple posts and I’m sure you can figure out the answer to your question and if not then hell ya que up you’ll fit right in.

1 Like

Was hoping for a quick run-down of what’s good, what’s not, what’s the cheese to watch-out for when placing, etc. I don’t want to lose a whole day sifting through the forum, separating biased complaints from intuitive feedback :frowning:

dh/destro/mage and whatever classes play well with those. So in your case, dh

1 Like

meta is pretty much exclusively

• rogue/mage
    (hpal disc rdruid with hpal being most common)

• destro/x/rdruid or hpal _
    (typically fire or spriest w/ rdruid and arms or windwalker with hpal)_

• frost (sometimes unholy)/dh/rsham
    (3x packspirit + double pve tank trinket mana burn)

• arms/dh or unholy/rdruid
    (50k dps all game)

• guardian druid/arms or ww or fdk or dh/rsham
    (dh being the strongest followed by ww then arms)

if you see anything else you got pretty lucky

additionally less common but still strong
rdruid/rsham tsg or wwdk

every melee you q into will have 1-2 tank trinkets
typically sporepods from UR or urchin from 4th boss in raid

lots of mages use voodoo doll which will just womp you for 100k dam on a 2 min cd
bracers and lucid dreams that let them essentially spam fire blasts during combust and do in that window anywhere from 30-70k dps

games actually REALLY bad right now

3 Likes

So wtf happened to “gear shouldn’t matter [much] in pvp”

Wowza… Guess this gives merit to mfers dumping on me in BG for having a low io lol, the game is pve to win or gtfo now???

Theres a component of pve to win in the form of tank trinkets, but pvp is in a bad spot because of a lack of tuning

You can play with a dh tho and be a top tier comp. Do some m+ underrot and atal, and some heroic ep and you can get glad pretty easily

Play with a bear druid and damp all game and usually win at damp

Gross… reminds me of double tank, deep damp comps lol

Unless you have tank trinkets and a lot of versa gear you probably aren’t gonna have fun and yea you’ll have to pve lol. Arena over all is pretty terrible right now haven’t been any pvp changes in months cause they want the meta to change “organically” what ever the hell that means… maybe blizz thinks someone else will come and do their job right for them since they can’t seem to :man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

2 Likes

This post unfortunately summed it up quite accurately.

1 Like