If healers are expected to DPS then

M+ has roles, but each role is still expected to do the function of a job; which is clearing M+.

I’ll be super honest with you though. Outside of Resto Shamans during a specific CD, healers don’t dps. I never see it. Healers (especially priests and druids) can completely trivialize certain affixes, such as explosives. They typically won’t, or don’t. At least in the pugs I’ve been in.

I can’t count how many times I’ve watched healers allow dots to pick people off while contributing only healing to the group.

Healing is not an easy role. In fact, healing is the hardest role in M+ when played correctly. The way most healers are playing healer atm, it’s the easiest role to play because they’re coming in and only healing. It’s why Hpal and MW are relatively unpopular in M+. They’re very difficult to play compared to standing in the back, planting; and casting heal spells. I’ve seen so many healers just facing random directions casting only heal spells. lol

This is so antithesis to the modern World of Warcraft, just saying. Many players state I want MY insert personal desire, and gtfo.

There have always been players like that. Them missing the point doesn’t make it any less the point.

Personally I don’t care how much dps a healer does.

But, the thing here is that there are always times that healing isn’t needed at the moment and the question then is; what are you doing, just standing there? Why wouldn’t you toss out some dps or a stun as a healer if you don’t need to heal at the moment?