If Blizzard gave Mistweaver's mastery a damage component, what should it be?

I’m thinking it could just be a plain and simple version of the existing healing mastery. “Deal X amount of direct damage for each damaging spell you cast”… I’m sure someone else can think of something much more interesting though.

Thoughts?

1 Like

To start out, Blizzard would likely never do that, since it’s just another level of complexity in balancing the healers.
But to think along the topic line, it’d likely have to be something that could also increase CJL damage effectively; unless Blizz wants to actually define what MW is as a healer.

(i’m going to put this here so if this thread gets clout, we can universally agree this is a bad idea (at least for pvp))

Uh, its a cool idea. Kind of like versatility, where 30% vers means +30% damage and +15% damage reduction; except here it would be gusts healing 100% and gusts damage 50% like per… a cool concept that seems like it would become very over the top very quickly.

I kind of like the idea of an adapted version of the Corrosive Mists from Torghast. So like, you cast vivify and it deals aoe nature damage near the target, in this version based off half of gusts healing. Once again, weird to think about a damage component derived from mastery because how would it function with jade bonds conduit, chiji, bonedust brew, EF, without instantly being absolutely overpowered… or in scenarios where you might not want to deal aoe damage… maybe add a buff to expel harm that causes mastery corrosive mists for 10s.

I’m not a huge fan of fistweaving. maybe if mw had the chi system but only for offensive abilities like FoF or WDP, would probably be cooler than mastery changes. i’d also love to see images on mw. channeling 4 soothing mists on someone would look epic.

The fact that no monk spec has a nature damage from chi is lame. So I would say if they did give mw’s master a damage component that should be it.

No healer mastery contributes to dmg, so I really hope they don’t do this lol.

1 Like

If think they could buff ancient teachings to only ramp to two stacks and provide more damage and higher chance of resetting rising sun kick and a big damage increase to tiger palm, we’d go a long way.

They could also do something to make jade lightning actually deal some damage so we could contribute at range too.

Not sure I’d want to see damage tied to our mastery though.

My vote: let Blackout Kick and Rising Sun Kick trigger mastery instead of healing for 250% of damage done.

1 Like

We aren’t a ranged healer, I understand there are people that like playing the ranged healer, but at its core mw is a martial arts healer, I would rather they not buff CJL in any way.

Tbh in 10.0 with the new talents we will most likely see a talent that either changes our mastery to a dps to heal or add SotWS/Eminence intop a row. They mentioned they will be bringing back a lot of old stuff and I can see then adding that into the mwer talent tree.

Tbh id like to see then do something with CJL. Perhaps for every stack of tom it’s channel time is reduced 33%/66%/100% and its dmg is increased by 33%/66%/100%

My thinking is make it part of the core dps rotation. Could be interesting and fun.

I don’t want us to be a ranged healer but we can’t melee in PvP and if we’re forced out of melee at all in PvE, jade lightning does very little damage.

Maybe giving thunder focus tea an interaction to increase the damage of the next chanel is all I’m asking.

Misteeaver danage is awful for me comparing to my sham and pally. Buff something . Im kyrian maybe i should try something else

the higher your mastery the more healing your damaging attacks heal by %, so for example your rising sun kick hits for 6k, but with 20% mastery your damage heals nearby allies for 200%. 30% = 300%, etc.
It may seem low, but they could always add a future talent like the legion “way of the crane” to buff damage we deal on a 2 or 3 min. cooldown or something.

*just noticed this was necroed oh well

I’d like to see ways of dealing damage that are active and not a passive bonus attached to mastery.

Ex. Add fists of fury to mistweaver as a burst AoE ability that has a longer cooldown (30s).

Additionally, I’d love to see something like:
“Using Thunder Focus Tea on Essence Font causes it to deal damage instead of heal. This would be an amazing addition to MW as there is an opportunity cost (both using TFT as well as putting EF on cooldown without benefitting from the healing or mastery interaction which makes this balanced.

It would be nice to see mastery effects added to heals, for example, any “Flurry of Blows” style attacks can stir up gusts of mist. For example, Spinning Crane Kick and Multistrike Black Out Kicks from Teachings of the Monastery should have a chance per to stir up a Gusts of Mists while Fists of Fury is guaranteed to trigger a Gusts of Mists.

This makes thematic sense that our flurry attacks can stir up mists, but then when we are empowered by the celestial energy of Chi-Ji, all of our attacks stir up gusts of mists.

If Blizzard really wanted to get creative, they could create new talents that benefit both mistweaver and fiatweaver. I think there should be a baseline effect where casting Renewing Mist and every 10 Ticks of Soothing Mist should grant a stacking damage increase to crackling Jade lightning. Additionally, it would be interesting to see an offense Jade Serpent Statue talent. Whenever you gain stacks of the crackling Jade lightning buff, your statue also gains a buff called Living Chi or something, and when it gets to 10 stacks, it will come to life and breath Jade fire on enemies and Ally’s, dealing AoE damage and healing.