If a level 39-45 player asks you for gold, give it to them

If you’re horde a good gold making tip is to flip Savory Deviate delite recipes. Buy them low on horde AH, stick them on neutral AH for 25-50g. I tried farming it on a new server as alliance for 3 days, killed over 1900 pirates and never got it to drop. Ended up buying for 25g off neutral AH in booty bay from a guy selling 5 of them. I stopped at level 20 on a pally and went to fish deviates for gold, no lifed it for a weekend and made like 200g while watching netflix. Sold the fish for 5g a stack until I could get the cooking recipe, then sold them for 9g a stack after turning into delights.

Also made like 50g by flipping parrots from Deadmines. Bought them for less than a gold and put on neutral AH for 10g a pop. That’s 250g made on a fresh level 20 on a new server in a few days.

In wraith I reached gold cap by making glyphs, had herb farmers COD me all the herbs they had, I’d use TSM addon and relist glyphs if undercut once an hour or so. I also flipped green items and blues. I’d buy up any greens less than 1g and relist for 2g, blues i’d buy less than 5g and relist for 20 or more depending on how good they were. Once had over 2000 items on AH each day, took me an hour to relist or so, not including glyphs.

In cata I reached gold cap again by simply buying ore and prospecting it, turning into jewelry and selling the enchanting dust/blue gem cuts. Never left the city, just had ore farmers COD’ing me ore. I couldnt go through the ore fast enough, had to return stacks sometimes. Had a one button macro setup and litterally just sat there all day making gold while watching movies.

You gotta be creative in this game to make good gold. Or you can just be like half the people on these forums who spend 5 hours looking for one black lotus and getting triggered at boosters because they are poor/want to be lazy. I guess it’s sort of like real life as well.

In MoP and beyond I simply used the WoW auction phone app to buy up items for xmog when I was at work all day. Flipped them and made hella gold.

As someone who never once asked for gold you guys’ behavior is bizarre to me.

I honestly don’t understand what leads someone to beg in an online game. It isn’t urgent, go to arathi highlands and grind some earth elementals…

4 Likes

Nobody gets triggered at boosters. They are selling a service that is in demand, and most are quite skilled at what they do.

We get triggered by boostees. Getting to 60 should never be that quick, and class choice should be more meaningful than it currently is.

And yes, of course I have a level 60 mage with 5/8 tier 2. Anyone who doesn’t at this point is irresponsible. I still want to see my farming methods nerfed because COME ON.

1 Like

Back in the day, it wasn’t common knowledge how to make the gold to pay for your mount. It is now, and they can make the gold (and some experience) by farming things and selling them to 60s.

3 Likes

Lmao , i dont give anyone gold you can earn it like the rest did.

3 Likes

This. It was far more difficult to afford your mount when nobody had gold to buy things you were putting up on the AH. There’s plenty of viable farms to get experience and gold.

this guy just asked me for gold on my 43 hunter and i told them i legit have 10silver. lmfao and yes i only had 10silver you know why? cause i saved up and bought my own mount. took me 3 levels past but bought it myself. prior to that i just use aspect and yes OFTEN i got hit and dazed while doing so.

in my field what they tell us is “if you got time to stand around, you got time to work” same with WoW. if you got time to beg you got time to farm gold.

If maully asks you for gold, give it to him

1 Like

A lot of people leveling up to 40 need to learn that they don’t need to buy all of their expensive skills that they’ll never use. Also use the auction house for greens. I am on a mid pop server and it’s pretty easy to get to 100g by the time you hit 40 if you’re not wasting money on boosts and you actually use the economy. Sure, I’ll help out a guildie or an RL friend to afford their first mount or sometimes we all pitch in for an epic mount every now and then to help someone, but straight up begging for gold and expecting it from 60’s is just annoying on all levels.

“gib monie plx”
“no”
“i report u”

Yet you posted this?

2 Likes

Do you have any damn idea how much it costs to stock pile consumables for AQ? Get rep for CC, ensure you have Elementium Ore for the Regalia, to make resistance gear, to get mats for resistance gear not in game, and ensure you have gold for respec’s and repairs?

I’ll have you know I have spent over 9k towards this and I am not even done.

Explaination: I am a college student who will have no time come august to farm as much but the no lifers out pace what I am even doing.

Make your own gold you beggar.

Same reason I don’t give money to people on the street, IRL. Why would I do the same in a game.

Even more pathetic to see people begging in a game. There are no class or caste systems in the game. We all start out exactly the same, we are given the same freedom and same choices.

If I feel like helping a friend or guild member, that’s on me. But some rando begging in the streets of SW? Nah.

This isnt some “zone” where things are free.

3 Likes

In the times it would take me to beg for a pittance, I can solo Deadmines five times and get my 1-hour lockout. And then sell after each run (there’s a vendor in the run down inn near the stone).

There’s literally no reason to beg when I can go and farm as a not bot player.

2 Likes

My main is only in their 40’s and I have already given people gold, enchantments, wands, and containers. Mostly its to people in my guild, and we are fairly open for people to join. That being said, I generally don’t give stuff out when asked, I just do it when I can or when it looks like someone is in need.

On my server I find many people are actually quite generous. When I first started out someone gave me 4 mageweave bags. I have also had plenty of max level players come to my aid when I get in a world PVP kerfuffle over a farming spot or something. I find most players to be generous and helpful.

That being said, ff you are having a problem getting level 40 mount money try the following:

• Join and stick with a guild. I generally give stuff to guildies who I think are sticking around.

• Farm stuff people really need. Elementals are fairly easy to farm in your 40’s and there always seems to be demand for elemental earth etc. Of course you will be competing with level 60 farmers. If you are playing on a PVP server this may not be an option.

• Use gathering professions and hold off on crafting. Most of the crafting professions are a money sink, IMHO. Mining, skinning and herbalism all have potential to make you money selling mats on the AH.

• Find mobs with a high drop rate of vendor trash and farm them. It truly is amazing how much gold you can make doing this. I managed to make a good amount from stuff found in STV and badlands.

TL;DR: L2P. Farming and gathering professions can get you the gold you need.

5 Likes

Even though I have the gold to buy my mount when I hit level 40, I approve of this message.

1 Like

What’s a good way to farm gold on a druid?

Grind jaguars in swamp of sorrows. If skinnin/herb this works even better

I refuse to ride a dinoturd, so hav’t purchased a mount, and wont until the AV wolf. Travel form gets me where I am going, and nogginfog allows me to appear to move more quickly.

2 Likes

Get to 30, make sure you have skinning, and just kill/skin everything your level in Arathi. Extra points for cooking, as it even sells at auctions for a good amount.

No.

Two things: One - *There, Two - Sure there is! And, that’s I’m not obligated to give you any gold!