Ideas to fix Professions

We can agree to disagree on that. I will say, I’d just like for them to bring back value to the professions outside of the current expansion. For example, Enchanting…There’s absolutely no purpose to leveling anything outside of BFA enchanting. What a waste

Here’s why WoD was better: You didn’t have to run instances to get soulbound mats. You could if you wanted to, or you could just log in and make one one a daily CD. So, if you mostly quest and do achievements on your DPS, and your raid toon was a healer who made flasks for everyone, your healer could still stay pretty close to raid ready without you have to play it every day. Plus almost every profession made a bumps that someone else needed.

Yeah, that whole work order thing; no thanks.

How about making some BOP mats into guild-bound mats so guilds can share mats among players more easily?

Think of how Rogue lockboxes already work; you can’t auction them but you can share them with your guildies. Perhaps crafters could make lootable containers to put the mats in that could be put into the guild vault. When your guild mate opens the container the mats are once again BOP.

The lootable container adds modest transaction cost so that it doesn’t just become a loophole for free BOA or BOE mats.

Well they can make it where you need to group up on the hard quests. The whole chain is supposed to feel rewarding

“Work Order” was just a fancy way of automating Cooldowns for mats. It appeals to a certain type of player, but not most. They can do the same thing with a daily CD or some other mechanism.

Only relelvant profession now is Herbalism and you need to multi-box apparently to do it right

1 Like

Multiboxing is the main problem, some of the OP’s suggestions would help counter multiboxing like limiting nodes.

Ideally I think it would be best to outright ban all multiboxing or at least all multiboxing software, but since the devs seem to greedy and shortsighted to ever do that, any changes to make multiboxing less viable for professions will help.

In my opinion professions went from bad to worse in BfA. The worst thing is having to spend gold to gain ranks, because the recipes themselves have such limited use. There is no need for 3 ranks of starter armor, given the huge mat cost involved in BfA patterns. There is no value in spending 1200G on a rank upgrade that means you use one less of the rarest mat, unless that item will eventually make a profit for you, and in most cases, it simply will not make a profit. If the 2nd and 3rd ranks were trainable or drops or quest rewardss, that’s ok, and something to work for, but buying them is stupid.

Almost all the good craftables are gated behind Expulsom and/or the drops off dungeon bosses, which in itself isn’t bad except for the fact that while running that content you typically get better gear than you can craft.

The things I’d like to see come back are certain formula/recipes as rare drops that can be farmed, and slightly lower high end mat costs. Then allow at least one or two craftable armor pieces be raid equivalent but aren’t locked behind raid only mats.

5 Likes

Just to add, scrapping + PVP mat drops and any other source like that really need to do away, especially with the new AH.

Before is someone put 10 or up at a large undercut it was not really an issue since if you needed 50 that 10 was sorta useless unless there was 40 more around at a good price.

Now since it is LIFO and it is all merged together when buying, to 10 ore 10 gold each undercut still has the old affect of too many mats but adds the irritant that the other 50 people with 5 or 10 ore can quickly make that low price the main price.

This is of course compounded by AH mods that mostly automate the process that dramatically and artificially deflates the value of everything since mats -> crafts.

People do not understand the LIFO logic and just keep undercutting massively when they have only a few ore to sell.

Or they do since the game tells them and just want to sell their items faster. I will undercut by half the posted price at times and I understand totally how it works now.

I honestly pop into this forum every couple of weeks just to see if there’s any activity, because like professions it’s mostly dead.

The first thing blizzard needs to do is give a $hit again.

Only then can anything happen. I’d love to see Gems make a comeback along with pretty much all crafted armour and weapons be raid competitive and BoE.

Until then…

We’ll have to live in the welfare world of Herb, Alch, Enchanting and Pathfinder.

/Aims revolver at head

If you are the lowest price, you sell first – whether or not you undercut by one silver.

But if you undercut BY HALF, you are posting at HALF the lowest price. That is a different strategy, and often will cause someone to buy everything, just so they can repost it at double their purchase price.

It’s a perfectly good strategy, if you want to use it. But it has nothing to do with “traditional 1 silver undercuts” vs. “LIFO at the same price”.

Gems are fine. It is the lack of sockets.

There are a couple of pieces of raid competitive crafted armor in the main armor crafting professions. It won’t outstrip Mythic raid gear but that is the point. Crafted armor has been meant to get you INTO raids, not something to replace raiding.

1 Like

what if crafted gear was an alternative to raiding. you could crafted it to get in, but everyone wants to raid.

im at a point where i need to upgrade my void focus and it takes 20 pieces to do so. that sucks it shouldnt have to be you need to go into raids and get stuff just to craft stuff.

all the mats should be out in the world. takes you to outland to find stuff. takes you to dreanor to do the same thing.

If you aren’t doing high end content then you don’t NEED good gear. It also shouldn’t be taking us back to older expansions or requiring mats from other professions. Also, you can get the item for the upgraded void focus from the world boss in Uldum/Vale every week.

Or it is not a fast selling item and 20 other people undercut you and all you did what kill the price.

If 20 people undercut me, that means the price was double what it should have been in the first place.

1 Like

I still have no idea why they went so far the other way on them. Sure TBC had to many but geez.

No not really, that likely means 20 people are quick selling 10 ore they got from scrapping or PvP or something and are using a mod like TSM that also devalues items due to historical data ignoring volume on the AH.

Which goes back to my original point. If you don’t need 200 ore you are not going to buy it, if you do you will. Prices are being artificially deflated atm. It was getting silly in Legion and has gonna out of hand with BFA.

People selling lots of mate generally don’t undercut much. It is when I see 200 or from 15 people I see massive undercuts. Then the other 300 people with 10 ore do the same and it snowballs.

I spend a day picking off all the undercuts and sold all my ore out at near the initial price I set (obviously it will drop some), which included the undercuts. ie Lowball or actual value it all sold.

I am sorry you aren’t getting to overcharge (not really), but it is called a free market and people can sell at what price they want to.

If your item is really worth double that, then someone will come along and buy all those small bits and pieces from scrapping and repost it. There is no problem that needs fixing.

Also, I have no idea where you get TSM devalues the items, my experience using that is that it constantly inflates prices.