Idea: Use Conquest to Bypass Rating Requirements

So a lot of people dislike the fact that you need to achieve certain rating to get the best gear for PVP, and I can see where they’re coming from.

And others believe that better rating should give better rewards, to encourage better play and reward achievement, and I also can see where they’re coming from.

So here’s an idea I had to make both groups happy.
What if you could use conquest to bypass rating requirements to upgrade gear.

Here’s an example.

Let’s say upgrading a piece of conquest gear from 200 to 207 costs 1000 honor.

If you are 1400 rating, it will still cost 1000 honor.
But if you’re under 1400 rating, you would still be able to upgrade it, but it will cost an additional 1000 conquest, in addition to the 1000 honor.

That way, it is still “better” to get the rating first, and then upgrade, as conquest is timegated and rarer in general, but those who cannot achieve that rating will still be able to get it “eventually.”

Now you might be thinking “1000 conquest for one gear upgrade?! That’s too much!”

To that, I answer, that’s not the point. I don’t want it to be the “optimal” way to gear up, as I do see the significance in achieving rating.
At the START of the season, the best way to gear should be to achieve rating.

But the idea is for it to be almost like a “catch-up” system for alts later on in the season when the conquest cap is much higher, like it is right now.
It’s another “alternative” if you find yourself unable to escape a rating block.

Thoughts?

IMO it should just be the same as the Aspirant gear if we’re going with this, just make it cost honor to upgrade it. Or some honor and some small conquest, since it would be a full honor cap per item to get over 213 lol.

Or just make a honor set and conquest set and be done with.

all they have to do is literally lower the ilvl gap between honor and rated gear. Its honestly not that complicated.

1 Like