Idea: Frost's Tier 1 Talent Tree should be just for Water Ele

technically, Linking WE to Icy veins would turn WE into a CD. It’d just be essentially auto macroed to the Spec’s burst CD so you don’t have to press 2 buttons.

So for PvP I was thinking this. Please blizzard? It’s a step in the right direction. Maybe you can perfect it?

versified water elemental (new PvP talent) replaces the PvP talent ‘Deep Shatter’

Your pet takes 20% less damage. While summoned, increases your frostbolt damage by 20% and frostbolt damage against frozen targets is increased by 150%

You could possibly make the pet permanent too, but that might be a little overpowered. Maybe my numbers are not right, maybe it needs cooldown reduction or more stam because people would just 1 shot it in pvp

I admit, frost needs more of a buff than this.

http s://imgur.com/a/GoNE1EI this guy I kicked after he would not queue.
The rogue prior to him said
‘oh’
‘you’re frost’

we won our first game and I did my part but ultimately he didn’t want to play with a frost mage. That’s 2 in a row for today. What the heck mang.

It also removes the ability to use the water elemental for utility in pvp since it would be tied to veins.

not necessarily, that would depend entirely on how it was implemented. If the Water Elemental during Icy veins only also casted your spells and it slowed its target with every attack (a la Jaina from HotS) it would make a powerful utility + burst CD.

Talent that buffs water elemental a lot, but it only appears during Icy Veins.

No. Having an elemental that is buffed while icy veins is up is horrible for PvP as Icy Veins gets dispelled or spell stolen the time.

Talent that buffs water elemental a lot, but it only appears during Icy Veins.

Unless the buffs are passives and extend past icy veins even if icy is are purged.

Or just make the elemental a PvP talent and adjust the PvE side accordingly.

The thing that bothers me about this is that it makes our spec look unfinished. Basically they didn’t know what to do with our elemental, but for some reason they didn’t like it, so now we either have to do without it or feel punished for having it. Personally I miss it, but I’m not about to bring it to a raid just because I want my watery friend back.

you could also NOT pick that talent for PvP, just like the Thermal Void is not often picked in PvP. So, I wouldn’t say that’s a good reason to reject the idea.

Additionally, there could also be a PvP talent to make Combustion / Icy Veins / Arcane Power undispellable, it’s strange enough that mages are the only class with dispellable burst.

Terrible ideas most of them, all 3 talent options should have similar damage output otherwise only the OP option will be used. At the moment the huge increase of damage of Lonely Winter makes all other options irrelevant and by extension also the Water Elemental.

Long ago when they turned the spec tree into this diablo thing they said there would be no talents to increase a % of the damage but it seems that they keep forgetting their own design mantras.

The WE makes no sense as it is currently, its basically a perma dot. The Freeze spell could be simply a talent much like there is a double Frost Nova talent.

IMO either they design something useful for the WE or ditch it, I wont miss it.

I personally love not having a pet but I know I will probably be in the minority here

I have a pretty good solution. Probably could be a permanent pet or at least lower the cooldown of it by 15seconds. Since we can’t summon water elemental as lonely winter anyways. Everyone seems to be overlooking it. My idea is for PvP only.

Not sure how you would categorize it for people running lonely winter though, as they can not summon a pet.

This is just another minor buff though, frost needs something more important like deep freeze or just something like making ring of frost baseline and sticking something complimentary where it goes, I really don’t know. Blizzard has the man power to figure something out. Why don’t they do it?