Idea for RP servers

Why not adapt the RP servers to RP activity? But for that we have to think what allow and what not allow. It could work with the following steps, IMHO:

What should be allowed or unlocked, for a beter RP experience:

• Full access to all appearances collections for mog purpose.
  • Full access to all mounts (except store mounts, of course).
  • Start at level 120.
  • Allow full interaction among the factions wich means: understand wath toons from the oposite faction say, allow create party groups among both factions, allow guilds with members of both factions.

What should not be allowed or locked, in order that PvE and PvP players don’t exploit the server:

• Block access to dungeons (Mythic and above), block access to raids (current expac: Heroic and above)
  • Block access to rated PvP

Probably i’m missing something, feel free to add or comment what you want.

Also maybe some people will think that is not good idea because there is people that do RP and also do PvE or PvP in the RP realms. Well, i think that RP realms will be better if they were only for RP, and that could be with the restrictions and permissions mentioned. Anyway, you allways could do PvE and PvP in several others realms.

EDIT: Changed some generals ideas based on @Velane ideas.

1 Like

Disable duels?

I’ve never rp’d but couldn’t that be something that could be useful in rp?

2 Likes

Some people duel to settle IC conflict, so yes, it could be.

4 Likes

So basicly a sandbox RP server that disables PvP and PvE Progression?

Throw in the ability to have your own phases and building stuff with objects and i’l be signing up in a heartbeat. :smiley:

2 Likes

In order to avoid PvP players login the server only for practicing PvP at top level.

I’m a 2300 player. I also RP. There are lots of us who are experienced and “pvp players” who also RP as a form of entertainment and enjoyment. Just something worth remembering.

5 Likes

A few changes I’d make

• Block access to dungeons (Mythic and above), block access to raids (current expac: Heroic and above)
  • Block access to rated PvP
  • Don’t disable duels (they honestly don’t matter at all)

That’d restrict peeps from pushing what’s traditionally considered to be the harder and more prestigious end-game content without totally cutting out a huge chunk of the games content

There are some people who think PvP is inherently an evil activity and everyone who participates in it are horrible awful griefers. You typically find the largest clusters of these people on rp servers. This is why I do all my rp with warmode on.

Yah generalisations aren’t cool yo, no entire group can be defined based on the merits of a fe…

…ah, okie dokie :woman_shrugging:

Let’s RP Shad.

Admit it, you just want crossfaction erp. We all do.

2 Likes

There are some people who think PvP is inherently an evil activity and everyone who part pates in it are horrible awful griefers

I said some people. Not all of them. I am friends with many people from rp servers, but one of the original reasons I moved off WRA was because of the heavily anti pvp attitude about things. There is enough of them to make people who like pvp feel unwelcome.

1 Like

I’m usually hanging around on WRA or MG early morning. I’m sometimes on throughout the day as well. Can find me fairly easily - I wear the same mogs and have it in my TRP that I’m a 2300 exp player with a +5 bonus to ranting because I’m an Italian from NY.

2 Likes

You are right, i’m going to edit the post and put your idea, with your permission of course. I will quote also your help.

That does sound like fun. I could make my own home, with a garden and a couple of pets and be an old lady who comes out to the yard to yell at everyone passing by, whacking them with my cane if they come too close.

Yeah, I think I’d like that.

1 Like

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

1 Like

No no, I will roll on your server and go RP with you in middle of the raid. And I will share my tale of my days as a Sailor on a Thalassian Destroyer fighting the Horde and how much I hate being part of the Horde.

Bro. Don’t shame cross faction erpers. We all have our kinks :wink:

I shame nothing, I look forward to some orc ladies.

Screw it, I’ll try anything once. Twice if I like it.