Idea for a Ranged spec WIP

Physical range specs are underutilized and i equipped a bow on my Warrior the other day for the laughs and found that he cant even shoot it anymore. I know this topic will probably get flack for suggesting something, but just keep in mind that this is almost entirely just for fun. I would love to see a class pick up another physical ranged option, and i was thinking of warrior first. Might work on rogue in the near future, obvious influence for that one being the dark rangers.
(dont know how i managed, but i sent 23 days before realizing i put “hunter” instead of “warrior” in the first sentence)
ANYWAY, onto the ideas for ranged warrior.
Ranged warrior spec WIP
Mortal Shot: (basically a ranged version of mortal strike)
CD: short; 4-7 seconds
Deals decent damage, generates rage.

Ricochet Shot:
CD: none: Rage cost 25-30
Fires a shot that bounces between targets

Explosive shots.
CD: Medium 30 seconds
Shots from auto shot, mortal shot, overdraw deal bonus fire damage to the main target and to all nearby target within 10 yds.

Mastery: Overdraw
Proc chance to deal bonus damage on a shot and to pierce through to a second target for 75% of the overdraw shot’s damge. Works on Mortal shot and normal shots, Explosve shot will explode twice on these shots.

Steady nerves:
Rage cost 80-cd 45
Take a deep breath and calm your nerves. Grants 20% haste and 20% crit for 15 seconds. Probably needs some tweaking on the buff and CD respectively. Originally was jsut going to be a haste buff but the crit also makes sense to me.

Heroic leap- Same as for other warrior specs

Armor piercing:
Passive: Physical critical hits reduce the targets armor by 1% stacking up to 10 percent for 10 seconds

Flaming shot:
Rage cost: 15 :CD none
Deals flamestrike(like enh’s sundering) damage to the target and applies a fire damage DoT. If explosive shots is active, Applies the DoT to all targets in the blast. Hitting targets already on fire with flaming shot will deal a % of the remaining DoT as bonus damage and refresh the DoT from there.

Glancing blow:
CD:15-20 second
Interupt casting and all that comes with that kind of ability
Killing shot: 20-40 rage
Ranged execute, functions the same.
Victory rush: same but ranged.
Talent ideas:
Teir 1: War machine, Sudden death, on edge
Warmachine and sudden death as is.
on edge: Generates X rage every second while under 30 rage.
Teir 2: Double time, but for heroic leap, impending victory, storm shot (stormbolt)
Teir 3:

1 Like