I'd like to see the Alliance take a very dark turn

Today I learned no matter what the Alliance players actually say the Horde players would always strawmen their arguments and ideas.

2 Likes

Pot calling the kettle black.

1 Like

Not sure what that means in this context. but ok.

Revenge can be apart of justice. They are not opposites. Someones quest for vengeance can be a just one.

He’s only mostly dead. If he were all dead we’d go through his pockets and look for loose change.

And again -

If you had given two ultimatums:

1. Side with the Horde, save the Alliance from mass-extinction & chaos, along with a significant amount of Horde in the process.

or

1. Reject the Horde’s offer, have N’Zoth grow in such strength leading to events that The Vindicaar turns void - plummets into the Sunwell nuking Quel’Thalas - having the remaining Alliance cities burn, the Horde cities decimated. Those who remain forced into admission or slavery, and the Old Gods arise along with the Black Empire - Then succeed into bringing forth the Void Lords, but throughout doing so made the agreement to humiliate the Horde first in a deal - - ‘We’ll spare more of you, if you join us first!’

— None other than those two options. Would you deem the Horde as not the one who is the lesser evil and gleefully nod at mass genocide with N’Zoth - even to those that weren’t in decision making to the Horde’s actions, but merely races that are within the faction? If it was down to your sole decision to one of these two outcomes: What would you do?

1 Like

You cannot reason with them. It doesn’t matter what happens. Anything is better than letting the Horde survive in their opinion.

They would rather watch the world burn and the universe descend into chaos than let the Horde survive.

It’s difficult to debate with that kind of zealotry.

Larrskies let it go, the best thing is to come to a compromise - otherwise it’s going to be WW3 (Pheandra & I learnt that in another thread). As for:

What would one do? If option two was already in motion and can’t really get much better - I’d probably respond with -
“Deals? Huehuehue… I like deals.”

I would not side with the Horde.
Maybe permit myself to turn my back long enough to deal with Nzoth.

When Nzoth is done turn around and finish the job I should have finished.
Dismantle the Horde so that they may never rise as an organization again.

But that conclusion will never happen but it doesn’t hurt to have characters who have those aspirations.

You are crazy if you think the Alliance can handle the Old Gods on their own.

It took the Titans AND their Constructs to defeat them last time, and all they could do was lock them away.

And you think some paltry mortals at half strength or less can take them down on their own.

to be honest we would do the universe a favor, not even the legion is as evil as the horde, at least the legion is honest in their goals, save the universe from the void gods. the horde just wants to destroy because is fun.
so the alliance making an heroic sacrifice to kill the tumor would be great.
There is nothing good in the horde.

2 Likes

HAHA I CALLED IT!

If something happens to the Horde that essentially disintegrates it as it is, and they’re left as something completely different. AND doesn’t hurt characters who have the aspirations to keep it so - That would make for an interesting story. Like you said though, in conclusion I don’t think it’ll happen.

Doing the universe a favor would be selling out the Horde, losing to the Old Gods, who birth a Void Titan, corrupt the entire universe which lets the Void Lords enter our realm?

Really?

My character may be evil. But not so evil he wants to destroy the planet he lives on.

1 Like

Yes. better than letting the genocidal maniacs live.

for the record my post earlier was sarcasm.
i may want vengeance, but maaybe the entire universe may be too much.

1 Like

I don’t know. A few here would be ok with what you just said.

I mean… blizz is never going to let the Pendulum swing the other way and actually have the Alliance wipe out the Horde.

Probably won’t see any large backlash to the actions taken in darkshore… going after lordaeron just didn’t cut it, since by all accounts that was an abysmal failure for the alliance.

1 Like

As far as I’m concerned at this point, nothing the Alliance ever can or will do to the Horde could be considered “dark” until Sylvanas is no longer Warchief.

She’s already proven numerous times how much of a threat she is to not just the Alliance, but to the entire world.

5 Likes

And this is where I differ. It doesn’t matter what Sylvanas has done. What matters is how the Alliance reacts to it.

Sylvanas alone made the decision to burn Teldrassil. If the Alliance retaliates by destroying an entire city, civilians and all (people that had no part in it), it makes them no better than her.

Murder as vengeance for murder is still murder. There is nothing righteous about it.

1 Like

True but we’ve been told, as someone said above, that the Horde wholly approves of her actions. If that’s not complicity I don’t know what is.

2 Likes

The point of the battle for lordaeron was to capture Sylvanas and end the war. It failed and she destroyed the city herself in the process.

The Horde was just as complicit in Teldrassil as Sylvanas. I guess their only saving grace was that they “rescued” a few civilians in Lor’danil… apparently released them as well. But that was Saurfang.