I'd like to be able to insta cast area spells on target

So like when I type /cast [@player] death and decay it will cast it on me instantly without the green runic pattern on the ground and asking me to confirm its location. But I’d like to do this but on enemy target rather than myself. However when I type /cast [@target] death and decay. All it does is prevent me from casting it without a target but does not instantly cast it and still pops up the green icon requesting a confirmation of location.

How can I make it insta cast on my target rather than just myself?

Pins are your friend.

None of that makes sense to me. I don’t want reticle. Or cast at cursor. I want it to cast on my target.

Unfortunately, that’s not an option. Only the 3 methods Elvenbane mentioned work for reticle spells. Default (reticle), @cursor, @player.

1 Like

Why can I self target without a reticle? But I can’t cast on target without reticle? that doesn’t make any sense.

Because that’s how Blizzard decided they would work.

1 Like

It probably made perfect sense to the people who designed that limitation into the game. Or maybe not.

Regardless, that is how it works. There isn’t a way to get what you want.

My suggestion, use [@cursor] and make sure you click at the feet of your “target”. If you click it’s center mass, your mouse cursor will actually be “touching” the ground behind your target and you can miss. Click at the target’s feet and you will hit what you want.