Ice Barbed Spear Will Break Weaponsmith URGENT

Actually like above said, if you go by your website it says it’s even earlier then we were.

Added in patch 1.13.0.28211 according to your own link.

Yeah, I see it now thanks. Still shouldn’t be in the game until later if there is no Korrak. Also still completely kills weaponsmith.

1 Like

Arcanite reapers and heart seekers will still be useful upon launch. It’ll be 9+ months post-launch before AV is released.

Whats funny is there are people in those old comments that agree with you. One guy is there in 2005 complaining about spending all his gold on an Arc Reaper only to have everyone get this free a few weeks later :joy:

7 Likes

It really was a head-scratcher . I appreciated Ice barbed spear later because it made leveling so much quicker, but that was during TBC and WOTLK.

The item doesn’t really make sense when the game is Classic only.

But they have said.

So it’s very possible the change made will not take place until one of the much later phases.

Essentially the Questing, Content, and loot drop item locations and method of gaining them is part of the path of progression.

Anyone who actually played vanilla knows it was from the Korrak quest.

Yes, when I read that I was hoping they had this item in mind. But I wanted to bring some attention to this specific item and its ramifications.

Not sure how they plan to handle it for a fact because they appear to be going with the “Final” version of AV… So there is that too.

1 Like

Right, but the quest reward was still there even when Korrak was gone. Essentially you sit in an AV game at level 51 and get an item that is better than every weapon pre-raid. It is very strange. Why go weaponsmith after this is out? Kills a whole aspect of the game.

1 Like

Because weapon normalization was in 1.8 and no one really cares about you wasting arcanite on pre-raid blues.

1 Like

Well I am hoping this thread brings attention to the problem. This weapon only makes sense in the context of Korrak the bloodrager that is super hard to kill. Like a world boss scenario. It should not be an award for free.

2 Likes

The hard part about killing Korrak was him being there to kill

1 Like

It’s not even a problem. Do you also complain that MCP makes Reaper and Champion worthless when it’s so much better for Rets? Just because weaponsmith isn’t phenomenally useful or profitable doesn’t mean this has to be changed. That would be unfair to all the people who need the weapon.

Who would even use it? Pretty much every Warrior is going to be Fury, there’s better for Ret out there, and… who else uses a 2h spear for its damage? Arms and Ret in PvP are the only two I can think of, and that’s not really a problem.

1 Like

This thing was pretty broken,
had like +15 agility +15 stamina in a world where getting +10 +10 on a single item was a big find.

But I need it for my wing clip/raptor strike stat stick!

1 Like

this guy kinda brings up a good point,
should people really have a free give me top quality weapon ?
apparently it was actually +21 agility and not +15 agility, that’s monstrous.

According to Wowhead:

Ice Barbed Spear:

• White Damage: 29 - 54 (Avg. 11.5)
  • +10 Str, +17 Agil, +16 Stam

Arcanite Reaper:

• White Damage: 26 - 56 (Avg. 11.4)
  • +15 Str, +10 Stam

They are on par for sure. Not sure how it theorycrafts out.

Don’t look at the updated stats for retail. Ignore wowhead for now until they get their classic DB together. Check one of the classic sites out

2 Likes

I am pretty sure that is what happened in classic. Ice Barbed spear became entry level and scrub warriors ( like me) moved on to the incredible PIG HAMMER! (unstoppable force), why would they change that to suit a handful of people who want to return to when Arcanite reaper ruled the day?